NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Rumney Guide Book  (Read 1159 times)

Stéphane

Re: Rumney Guide Book
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 01:43:04 PM »

Hi everyone !

I'm planning to go to Rumney for the first time next month. I was wondering if the new guidebook had finally been released ?  Or is there any chance I can get a copy of the old one at the village store in Rumney ? 

Thanks

Stéphane

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 04:45:35 PM »

no new book yet. Sorry stephane. The old ones may be hard to find, but u should be able to get around with the info at the kiosk and also some route descriptions found on http://www.mountainproject.com/v/new_hampshire/rumney/105867829
 and
http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/North_America/United_States/New_Hampshire/Grafton_County/Rumney

There are many walking guidebooks there too ;)
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

ctboulder

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 02:10:21 PM »

Ok, its now the middle of August, I heard there were some issues with state lines of certain hiking trails in the area that is keeping the publishing held up. Is there any chance we can get a firm date on when that might be resolved?  :-[

KB

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 07:59:12 PM »

I was at Rumney on Sunday and overheard someone say that they don't sell it anymore because the writer was afraid of the liability he may face if someone was to get hurt and blame it on something in his book.  What is this world coming to?

JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 10:01:41 PM »

I was at Rumney on Sunday and overheard someone say that they don't sell it anymore because the writer was afraid of the liability he may face if someone was to get hurt and blame it on something in his book.  What is this world coming to?

uhh..no.    The old edition is out of print because the new one is coming out.... at some point.   That said.. if you don't know the routes you're getting on then make sure it's correct because there are tons of new lines since the old book and you could find yourself on something harder.  It's easy to spot the people counting from the left (usually at the meadows)  and i'm like uhh what are you actually looking for  and they are usually off by a route or 2.

I talked to Ward a few weeks ago and said he was working on the picture lay outs.. so there is progress going on.   Go Ward Go!  Allezzzzz! 
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing

KB

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 11:57:38 AM »

I'm happy to know that what I heard was false.  Maybe it was a different book they were talking about.  Or....they just don't know what they are talking about.

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 06:16:09 PM »

That's nuts. He's working on it. Personally, I hope he takes a while.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

bsfulton

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 07:44:42 PM »

Or....they just don't know what they are talking about.

someone spewing cliffside bs?

I find that hard to believe ;)

Buzzsaw

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 09:40:37 PM »

No more grid bolting please, you've done way to much already.

oldmansmith

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 07:57:57 AM »

There is actually a new route moratorium on most of the cliffs, including meadows/parking lot wall, new wave, kennel/pulse,5.8 Crag, Monsters, Bonsai, Jimmy Cliff, and Crow's Nest.   The RCA and Forest Service agreed on this during our meetings on the management Plan (it was actually suggested by the RCA, and the FS was happy about that as they didn't want to be the ones curtailing new routes).  So no more "grid bolting" on those cliffs at least.

Ward

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 09:26:29 AM »

There is actually a new route moratorium on most of the cliffs, including meadows/parking lot wall, new wave, kennel/pulse,5.8 Crag, Monsters, Bonsai, Jimmy Cliff, and Crow's Nest.   The RCA and Forest Service agreed on this during our meetings on the management Plan (it was actually suggested by the RCA, and the FS was happy about that as they didn't want to be the ones curtailing new routes).  So no more "grid bolting" on those cliffs at least.

Ward
and I voted for it, by the way, Buzz....... hmmm, now a nice 10 pitch sport route up the middle of Cannon, after lots of trundling of course...

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Buzzsaw

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 08:44:04 PM »

Dude, I think thats a great idea. I know just the spot and I'll supply the beer.

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 09:05:37 PM »

I know just the spot and I'll supply the beer.

LOL   ;D

--al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 09:36:35 PM »

Sounds awsome as long as it is not harder than 10b/c Rumny rateing ;D

youpeopleareidiots

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 12:37:21 PM »

No more grid bolting please, you've done way to much already.

to John Sykes:

That is your name, n'est pas?

It is humourous that you  complane about gird bolting at rumney, as you have singlemindedly bein responsibble for ruiningvmore white mountain climbing areas than anyone I know.

frist of all, the last pitch of Weissners is the AU CHEVAL flake.  It is French for 'like a horse'.  People who by your gudebook are stupider for theyre efforts.

Yowr route names are idiotic,    .  climbs should have thought pro voking names, not books that refferince inside jokes like yours.  I have botten  climbing guides on three continents that are intelligent.  Your book is nothing but an ego stroke.

I began climming on Cannon in the mid 1950s, and I can honestley say that yor routes are scweezejob chikkenshit. 

Louis Vontain, Que.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 23 queries.