Author Topic: Joe English  (Read 276 times)

climber377

Joe English
« on: August 17, 2007, 08:49:42 PM »
I've probably got the name wrong but whats the word on that cliff near or on the airforce base in Southern New Hampshire? I've heard its a great place to climb.

wannabe

Re: Joe English
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 11:43:05 AM »
You got the name correct.  It is the home of my first outside climb. I have only been there a couple of times since 9/11 but I guess it is closed. If they see you there you might get a visit from the soldiers with M-16's. I have heard a few stories ranging from them announcing over a bullhorn that they are going to tow your car to them marching in and escourting you out. It is a lot of fun there and if you do get a day climbing there you will enjoy it.
Good luck
Tony

gags

Re: Joe English
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 01:40:42 PM »
yes it does have some great routes and yes they will kick you out; I have found that out for myself.  The guy who kicked me out took my name and told me not to come back.  Good thing I stashed a little baggy in a crack before he apprehended me, I wonder if it is still there.  He also told me that once a year they let the public in to climb through a certain local organization which I cannot recall.  Good luck.

gags