NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warning - Crow Hill Climbers  (Read 113 times)

Bill

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • It's All Good, Just Climb!
Warning - Crow Hill Climbers
« on: July 27, 2003, 06:38:30 PM »

There were 4 car break in's at Crow Hill today, Sunday.  2 occurred at the mountain biking parking lot and 2 at the climbers parking lot.  Entry was gained by smashing windows on the side of the cars facing away from the street.  These were brazen, middle of the morning break-ins with wallets and purses taken.  Apparently there was also a  break-in in the climbers parking lot a few weeks ago.

Do not leave any wallets or purses or any other valuables in your car in these lots.  You may also want to consider leaving your car unlocked to avoid a smashed window.

There is a high likelihood the vehicle involved in the thefts is a early 1980's white cadilliac with a broken trunk lock.  If you see this vehicle in the area please call the Princeton police or alert the Rangers.

The Rangers told me this evening that they were considering locking the climbers lot and having the climbers park at the gated lot on the other side of the street towards the swimming beach.  They apparently received some flack from one or more of the break in victims this morning about patrolling more frequently.  I believe this to be unfair.  I don't believe policing the parking lots is their responsibility.  I also would not want to see the climbers parking lot locked.  

I would urge you to express your opinion one way or the other to the Rangers if you get a chance.

Robbovius

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Warning - Crow Hill Climbers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 07:51:48 AM »

Bill, hope you don't mind  but I'm going to copy this opver to rockclimbing.com, since I know a bunch of my freinds there also frequent crow hill...thanks for the heads up.

Bill

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • It's All Good, Just Climb!
Re: Warning - Crow Hill Climbers
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 10:06:56 AM »

No problem.  

Also Mike Donofiro of Vertical World Adventures told me that the break-in earlier in the year involved 4 cars in the climber's parking lot and occurred on a weekday afternoon.

Also further conversation with the rangers reveal that a major reason to consider locking the climber's and the mountain biker's lots is to generate revenue by collecting $2 for parking at the lot by the ponds.  I am strongly against this action and I will be contacting my state rep and senator.  I would urge you to do the same if you feel the same way.  The climbers and bikers get no facilities and no services to justify this charge.  They have even locked the bathrooms by the pond parking lot this year.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 22 queries.