NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showers In North Conway  (Read 135 times)

Chalice_Paradigm

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • Crystaline
Showers In North Conway
« on: August 11, 2003, 01:12:58 PM »

Hi,

I am thinking about doing some dirtbagging in North Conway in the near future. I was wondering were one could get or sneak a hot shower around town. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

bumpkin

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • Christopher S-G
Re: Showers In North Conway
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 01:20:15 PM »

That doesn't sound like very serious dirtbagging if you're looking for showers.

Good swimming holes:
Echo Lake,
Saco River a few minutes north of Humphrey's Ledge,
Diana's Baths .. on the same road, Nat'l F. parking lot, big sign, cool spot.

Anyone else?

Chalice_Paradigm

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • Crystaline
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 02:36:11 PM »

Bumpkin,
 I am definitely an avid advocate of fresh water outside bathing. However, in November when these sources get cold I dare not freeze my boys.

So anyone know where I can get a shower in town during the colder months. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

om

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 02:44:21 PM »

Not sure if it qualifies as "in town", but Pinkham Notch has hot showers...
-om

bumpkin

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • Christopher S-G
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 06:07:55 PM »

Hmmm.. yeah sorry Greg. I, like many posting on this b.b. maintain a high degree of ethical zealotry. Not about bolts, mind you, but about the fine art of dirtbagging. Just as some bitterly denounce in the most bilious tones the bolter from on high dangling on her rappel line, I reacted against "dirtbagging" and "showers" in the same post. Of course, the moment I sent off the response I thought that maybe you were enquiring on how to scam your way into the hottubs and showers of the high-end hotels that litter the Conway landscape catering to the ravenous outlet shopping hordes. Now *that* would be admissable and definetly applauded and I should think that with two young boys in tow, your cover is perfect!!

As for legitimate showering in the state of New Hampshire, I am, of course, entirely ignorant.

radair

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 06:53:33 PM »

Bumpkin is on the right track with the mention of scamming hot tubs in the local hotels - definitely falls within the realm of the dirt bag. I would be letting the chalk out of the proverbial bag to mention which hotels have indoor pools, but they are numerous and convenient.

Another option is to hit Cranmore Sports Center showers/pool/tub, after a night of legit 'cragging' at the wall, of course
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.