Author Topic: bad anchor at jimmy cliff  (Read 386 times)

Offline Kai

• NEClimbs Newbie
bad anchor at jimmy cliff
« on: May 28, 2008, 11:21:38 am »
Hey All

Sketch Anchor At Jimmy Cliff

When I topped out on the middle of the three new-ish moderate climbs just to the right of the alcove where Curl Up and Fly is, I couldn't help but notice that the two expansion bolt anchor seemed to be in rough shape. On bolt is in well enough, but the other is working loose to the point where it is wiggling considerably in the hole. Either it was drilled to big or the rock is crumbling or whatever. Either way, I guess this is my version of a PSA.

Even if it blew you'd probably just float away on a cloud of black flies anyway........

Kai

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
Re: bad anchor at jimmy cliff
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:34:27 pm »
sounds like it just needs to be loosened a bit, tapped in and retightened. the schist is soft enough that rawl bolts sometimes need a bit of retightening after a bunch of use (to about 15 foot lbs, by the way..hand snugged, but not cranked)

dont people ever carry a wrench in their packs these days?
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbrait