Author Topic: fire at Rattlesnake rocks - Rumney?  (Read 3443 times)

Offline handjammer

• NEClimbs Junior Member
  • Alan Emery
Re: fire at Rattlesnake rocks - Rumney?
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2008, 12:47:09 AM »
You can count me in.  Let us know!
Do what you must do and do it well ... Dylan

bristolpipe

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2008, 08:50:44 AM »
in addition someone should carefully inspect all glue-in bolts as they can definitely be affected by extreme heat.

seems to me that there should be some significant amount of examination of the hardware before folks start using it again.

--al

For glue in bolts to be effected, there would have to be an extreme amount of temperature.  Certainly, there would be evidence of this on the rock itself, and I have seen no evidence of this in the areas I have inspected, which are 90% of those close to the burn radius.  There are no soot marks, charring, or even likely burned trees in close proximity to the rock.

Fixed draws are another story, and I would not recommend that they be used, despite the fact that all remaining ones I have examined look to be fine.

Offline frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2008, 10:26:27 AM »
So which cliffs have the most quickdraws still hanging... i want to make the most efficient use of my time when i inspect them tonight.

Offline JBeta

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • Pull down, not out.
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »
So which cliffs have the most quickdraws still hanging... i want to make the most efficient use of my time when i inspect them tonight.

Yawn...