Author Topic: amazing rain storm...  (Read 534 times)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
amazing rain storm...
« on: June 17, 2008, 01:38:16 PM »
a thunder/rain storm just blasted through North Conway at around 12:30 today. it was amazing, dropping 1.36 inches of rain in about 40 minutes! truly "raining cats & dogs"!  :P  there was also a lot of eraser-sized hail that beat down all the lettuce in my garden and a lot of flowers in the beds around the house. this was the most hail I've seen in 10 years of living up here. fortunately except for a couple of flickers we never lost power.

--al
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 02:04:42 PM by Admin Al »
Al Hospers

DLottmann

Re: amazing rain storm...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 11:10:51 PM »
We had half inch in diameter hail at EMS... cool stuff...

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: amazing rain storm...
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 01:44:41 PM »
We got blasted on Heather and had to retreat in the rain. I have never been so cold and wet climbing!!! I couldn't bend over to get the gear as the rain on my back took my breath away!!! When I got home, I found that the hail had ripped through our perrenial and woodland gardens shredding all the Hostas, pachysandra and hydrangea (sp?). There was about a 1/2" of hail underneath the plants!!! What a mess! I watched the storm with a warm cup of coffee at Frontside!!! Crazy
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."