Author Topic: North Conway about Ragged Mountain  (Read 880 times)

Fuzzzy4u

North Conway about Ragged Mountain
« on: June 30, 2008, 04:26:35 PM »
North Conway about Ragged Mountain store...

Did you ever deal with them ?  How was the service ?  Can we trust them ?

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: North Conway about Ragged Mountain
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 05:54:20 PM »
good store, good people, you can trust them. the owner, Cort, is a good guy.

--al
Al Hospers

Fuzzzy4u

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 06:37:50 PM »
Do you know why i'm asking that ? 

Somebody i know left a set of cam there to set new sling on it...  They charge the credit card 8 weeks ago... 

Guess what ?  They ship 650$ of cam without insurance and they lost track of it ???  And worst they don't seem to care about that problem ???

I was thinking to make them re-sling a set too...  I'm not so sure now.... Somebody want to try to explain it to me ?

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 07:07:39 PM »
  They ship 650$ of cam without insurance and they lost track of it ???  And worst they don't seem to care about that problem ???

Hmmmmm....doesn't sound like the Ragged that I know. I have had nothing but good luck with them and have found their customer service to be accomodating. I can't imagine that they wouldn't want to make this right... :-\
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Fuzzzy4u

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 07:21:56 PM »
I hope they'll find a way to fix that...cause he's talking of them on an other thread up here... 60 000 logs a month...   story like that goes fast...

DLottmann

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 08:57:18 PM »
Where's up here?

I am guessing from your typed accent Canada? There-in lies a bit of a problem. The retailer I work for ships UPS, which includes tracking and insurance. But when we ship to Canada it is via the US Postal Service and is not-trace-able. Packages can get held up at customs for weeks, so maybe it is just late in arriving? If it is 8 weeks late Ragged Mtn should be able to file a claim with the postal service. The Canadian Postal could of lost it as well.

Yes, I do trust them. But I don't think a small business like Ragged, or even a bigger company like EMS, should always have to bite the bullet when the Postal Service or Customs loses a package.

They shouldn't have offered to ship it to Canada and just held it till your friend could come back down here on a climbing trip to pick them up...

Or find a international shipping service with tracking and insurance (much more $$$ that should/would get passed to the consumer)

Ah, international trading...

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 08:58:17 PM »
I hope they'll find a way to fix that...cause he's talking of them on an other thread up here... 60 000 logs a month...   story like that goes fast...

Definitely not good PR for Ragged. How much has your friend attempted to work with Ragged? By phone, email...in person?
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Fuzzzy4u

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 05:25:06 AM »
Definitely not good PR for Ragged. How much has your friend attempted to work with Ragged? By phone, email...in person?

ten time... 

....maybe that why it on a forum now...  should say two forum...

Just to explain...maybe they should have figure it out before using usps service...

...an other guy used Metolius service...they marked the package repair and it arrived without any problem... 

...after 10 atempts from the customer, they shoulded have try to find a way to fix the problem...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 07:02:27 AM by Fuzzzy4u »

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 01:40:18 PM »
...after 10 atempts from the customer, they shoulded have try to find a way to fix the problem...

Very true! I hope that the issue gets resolved because this has not been my experience with the company in over 20 years. Good luck with everything...