Author Topic: Nastards  (Read 2158 times)

bristolpipe

Nastards
« on: November 12, 2008, 06:56:58 AM »
Hard to believe, but during my commute on the train into work this AM, NPR spent almost 5 minutes on NASCAR. 

I really can't fathom any intelligent person giving two flying sh!ts about a non-sport that is so asinine and detrimental to society as a whole.   

Offline JBro

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
Re: Nastards
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 08:58:13 AM »
I see BristolPipe must have got emotional intellegence and sensitivity training in his long absence.  ::)
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

Offline neiceclimber

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 09:16:35 AM »
Got to agree with you Bp on the whole NASCAR thing, pretty darn stupid, but so is flaming someone on the internet for over a year.

Robbovius

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 09:23:53 AM »
I see BristolPipe must have got emotional intellegence and sensitivity training in his long absence.  ::)

He wasn't really gone. every now and again I'd check his user ID, and find that he'd been logging in and lurking.

Offline JBro

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 09:31:13 AM »
Plenty of people think risking our necks out on the cliffs for fun is stupid.
-bristolpipe

-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

bmiller

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 09:43:22 AM »
He wasn't really gone. every now and again I'd check his user ID, and find that he'd been logging in and lurking.

wow, you spend alot of time checking up on the little dude with the toilet scrubber. 

bristolpipe

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 09:55:51 AM »

Yes, England almost got rid of the Web, but I convinced Winston Churchill to keep it.

Robbovius

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 10:09:36 AM »
wow, you spend alot of time checking up on the little dude with the toilet scrubber. 

well, as the saying goes, "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer..." ;-)

Robbovius

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 10:11:12 AM »
Yes, England almost got rid of the Web, but I convinced Winston Churchill to keep it.

so, this means you can either speak with the dead, or time travel...Dr. Who, is that you? ;-)

Offline frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 10:34:50 AM »
Or he is a liar...
I think england & grit must be euphemisms for prison.

bristolpipe

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 10:59:50 AM »

I think england & grit must be euphemisms for prison.

When it rains (90% of the time???) you are right.

bluesnpolitics

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 11:44:21 AM »
Climbing maybe a stupid risk, but nascar is absurd. nascar is like me driving from boston to conway but with no climbing at the end, no change of scenery, actually no scenery, and a bunch of drunk people watching it happen. sometimes its nice to complain about something unimportant. I can't stand nascar and what it demonstrates about the average american's willingness to settle for something of a lower quality, like McDonalds, Walmart bikes, and the majority of music being played. If you try candy from the UK you will realize that even our candy is crappier! The reason is that we are lazy and willing to settle for crap.
Ahhh that felt good. I'm going to go have a milkyway

Offline MT

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 11:53:59 AM »
Drive fast, turn left. Not much of a sport, much less of a reason for spectating. Sufficient excuse to sit on your arse all day and drink beer, I guess.

Offline JBro

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 12:33:30 PM »
Well, at least you guys are open minded and tolerant of others. Oh, wait a minute....  ::)

I find it hysterically funny that climbers get their panties all in a twist when somebody with no understanding or experience in the sport dismisses it as "reckless" or says it "shouldn't be allowed because it's stupid," etc - yet then are perfectly willing to make their own blissfully ignorant judgement about other folks lifestyles and passions.

Intolerant people should all die in a grease fire, imo.  :-*

-bristolpipe

-Stoney Middleton

-Friar Tuck

Rocket J.

Does that mean it's uncool to play Need for Speed Carbon on the Wii?
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 07:51:11 PM »
I just telecommute so I have to simulate my drive  ;D

I wonder if there's Wii climbing, then I can improve my climbing the way I've improved my bowling!!!!!!

Seriously, switch to another station or turn your iPod up louder to drown it out.
Being able to tune stuff out, like actually not even hear it, by thinking/reading/looking at something else I feel your pain (not).  It's a good thing to work at developing a cone of silence if you have to be on a train on a regular basis.

Try knitting.