NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sportiva Nepals  (Read 259 times)

dogboy

• NEClimbs Moderator
  • NEClimbs God
  • What?
Sportiva Nepals
« on: November 28, 2001, 12:46:57 PM »

Anybody have any experience hiking/backpacking in Sportiva Nepal Tops?  I bought a pair for ice climbing, but I was also thinking of trying to use them as a general mountaineering boot.  I know they're quite stiff, but they have a good rocker and they seem quite supportive.  If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate hearing them.
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.

SherpaJim

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Sportiva Nepals
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2001, 06:39:10 AM »

I've logged many miles in my Nepal Extremes, both in the Whites and long hauls with a heavy pack in the Cascades. テつ They hike great, really comfortable and supportive. テつ The Nepal Tops are uninsulated so I'd guess they would stretch a bit more and are probably more flexible. テつ Fool around with the lacing methods. テつ La Sportiva's website (http://www.sportiva.com) has a PDF downloadable catalog that has some recommendations for lacing your boots for a better fit depending on your foot type. テつ I will say that as a precaution I usually tape my heels for long approach hikes. テつ So far, no blisters and the La Sportiva lacing method addressed my low volume high arch foot. テつ  Enjoy!

- Jim

dogboy

• NEClimbs Moderator
  • NEClimbs God
  • What?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2001, 07:35:34 AM »

Thanks a lot for the info, and the website!  My Nepals are breaking in very nicely so far, so I think they are going to work well for hiking/backpacking...I'll definitely check out the PDF, and see what Sportiva has to say.

Thanks again!

dogboy

• NEClimbs Moderator
  • NEClimbs God
  • What?
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2001, 07:37:00 AM »

P.S. I also have a low volume, skinny, high arch foot...any suggestions for climbing shoes?  I'm using a pair of Boreals right now, but they're a little too wide...

JAY

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2001, 04:28:29 PM »

try the 5.10 anasazi's jeff either velcro or lace up both are killer, my past 5 shoes have been anasazi's they are the best.....according to me, and i have similar feet.
later
jay

dogboy

• NEClimbs Moderator
  • NEClimbs God
  • What?
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2001, 08:03:29 AM »

Thanks Jay...I'll definitely give them a try.  Also, after valiant effort, I've had to concede that the Nepals are too stiff for me for general mountaineering...I bought a pair of Montrail Moraines for that purpose.  The Nepals are great for climbing, though.

Lynx

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2002, 10:25:33 AM »

Have had my Extremes for 2 years and find them to be great in all aspects. Not made for wide feet...beware if you do have wide feet. It's a Euro last. Bomb proof boot and very well made. Would expect the Tops to be similar but have not tried them. Good Luck!
Henry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 23 queries.