NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rock shoe resoler in the NE?  (Read 157 times)

bumpkin

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • Christopher S-G
Rock shoe resoler in the NE?
« on: September 30, 2003, 09:47:15 AM »

Sorry if this is the wrong forum... anyone have recommendations for a resoler in the NE?

(I used the search feature on this site and nothing came up, still, sorry if this has already been done to death elsewhere).

Schandy

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Rock shoe resoler in the NE?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 09:57:09 AM »

Here in VT, the best place to send your shoes is plattsburg shoe hospital in NY.  I haven't used anyplace closer.  They do a great job and the turn around time is pretty fast.  

Andy

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 10:35:47 AM »

for years I've used The Cobler & Cordweiner in NY state. they are who EMS uses these days & can get really backed up. when I was in Boston I occasionally used some guy in Needham, I can't remember his name but he advertises in the mags. i don't think that there is anyone in this area.

Al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

slobmonster

• NEClimbs Senior Member
  • Eschew obfuscatory polysyllabicati on
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2003, 10:52:46 AM »

rock and resole, in boulder, colorado, does a good job.  cheap and pretty quick.

friends have used the rubber room, in wilson, ca, with great success.

i think the best thing is to not beat your rands to a point that the work is more reconstruction than resoling...

LizzyBee

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • What bugs?
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 12:12:03 PM »

when I was in Boston I occasionally used some guy in Needham, I can't remember his name but he advertises in the mags.
Al

You're thinking of The Soleman. Here's the link http://www.faroutsports.com/resoles.htm. He gets mixed reviews, but the couple of resoles I've had done by him were good.
Lizz
Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Benjamin Franklin(Scott's dad)

lynniefish

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 07:14:40 AM »

i agree with schandy (and i guess i should, otherwise he'll send me out on the sharp end --- AGAIN!) that the Plattsburgh Shoe Hospital is very good, not too expensive (we paid about $30 a pair, as i recall) and the turn-around time (less that 2 weeks) is really great. I would use them again.

Caveat -- neither andy nor i needed a rand repair. so we cant really comment on that.

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 07:47:13 AM »

They are definitely not in the NE, but I've had about 6 resole jobs done by the Rubber Room in Bishop, CA. with such positive results I'm not really willing to try anyone new. It's a nuisance to send them away, but I've had good turn around times and even had to have 2 pairs of rand repairs which were the best I've ever seen. I try to look at my shoes in the winter and avoid sending them off in May-July; that said, I have had to send a pair off in mid-season (procrastination being one of my strong points) and still got them back within 3 weeks. If, like me, you've got more shoes than feet, that's probably not a major obstacle. Climb to ski, ski to live, live to climb! Jeff Lea

ccclimber

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 10:18:49 AM »

i to am a firm believer in The Rubber Room..had my Mythos  resoled four or five times and got 7 years out of 'em..can't find an excuse to use someone else
Ed

haircity

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 04:07:08 AM »

I've used both the Soleman in Needham as well as Rock and Resole in Boulder.

Both good jobs, Rock and Resole much faster (more staff).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 23 queries.