Author Topic: Rock shoe resoler in the NE?  (Read 853 times)

bumpkin

Rock shoe resoler in the NE?
« on: September 30, 2003, 09:47:15 AM »
Sorry if this is the wrong forum... anyone have recommendations for a resoler in the NE?

(I used the search feature on this site and nothing came up, still, sorry if this has already been done to death elsewhere).

Schandy

Re: Rock shoe resoler in the NE?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 09:57:09 AM »
Here in VT, the best place to send your shoes is plattsburg shoe hospital in NY.  I haven't used anyplace closer.  They do a great job and the turn around time is pretty fast.  

Andy

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 10:35:47 AM »
for years I've used The Cobler & Cordweiner in NY state. they are who EMS uses these days & can get really backed up. when I was in Boston I occasionally used some guy in Needham, I can't remember his name but he advertises in the mags. i don't think that there is anyone in this area.

Al
Al Hospers

slobmonster

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2003, 10:52:46 AM »
rock and resole, in boulder, colorado, does a good job.  cheap and pretty quick.

friends have used the rubber room, in wilson, ca, with great success.

i think the best thing is to not beat your rands to a point that the work is more reconstruction than resoling...

LizzyBee

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 12:12:03 PM »
when I was in Boston I occasionally used some guy in Needham, I can't remember his name but he advertises in the mags.
Al

You're thinking of The Soleman. Here's the link http://www.faroutsports.com/resoles.htm. He gets mixed reviews, but the couple of resoles I've had done by him were good.
Lizz

lynniefish

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 07:14:40 AM »
i agree with schandy (and i guess i should, otherwise he'll send me out on the sharp end --- AGAIN!) that the Plattsburgh Shoe Hospital is very good, not too expensive (we paid about $30 a pair, as i recall) and the turn-around time (less that 2 weeks) is really great. I would use them again.

Caveat -- neither andy nor i needed a rand repair. so we cant really comment on that.

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 07:47:13 AM »
 They are definitely not in the NE, but I've had about 6 resole jobs done by the Rubber Room in Bishop, CA. with such positive results I'm not really willing to try anyone new. It's a nuisance to send them away, but I've had good turn around times and even had to have 2 pairs of rand repairs which were the best I've ever seen. I try to look at my shoes in the winter and avoid sending them off in May-July; that said, I have had to send a pair off in mid-season (procrastination being one of my strong points) and still got them back within 3 weeks. If, like me, you've got more shoes than feet, that's probably not a major obstacle. Climb to ski, ski to live, live to climb! Jeff Lea

Offline ccclimber

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 10:18:49 AM »
i to am a firm believer in The Rubber Room..had my Mythos  resoled four or five times and got 7 years out of 'em..can't find an excuse to use someone else
Ed

haircity

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 04:07:08 AM »
I've used both the Soleman in Needham as well as Rock and Resole in Boulder.

Both good jobs, Rock and Resole much faster (more staff).