Author Topic: Dean Potter crosses the void.  (Read 898 times)

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
Re: Dean Potter crosses the void.
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 07:20:25 PM »
 never said it was the same. I did say that street raceing on  a motorcycle is incredibly dangerous and stupid. its also nothing like a rally car. Motorcycle you have no roll cage. Duh!  neither sport is anything like climbing. Climbing is an incredibly slow sport. there is usually pleanty of time to make decisions and choices. when you stuff a crotch rocket into a corner @ 140mph on the street   its all in and there are no sand traps or air barriers if you blow it.    My compareson was the dumb and dumber of adrenalin sports..... not that they are  the same but that they share high speed and stupidity.

Also I am only talking about proximity flying . I think wingsuit flying without trying to see how close you can come to a solid rock is an amazeing sport. Play chicken with a rock, tree or building and you are just as dumb and dead as the 18yr old kid on the zoom splat who hits a  tree @ 100mph......

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 07:32:24 PM »
OK...I alude to pulp Fiction  "isn't it more fun when you don't have permission ?"

Sure proximtry jumping is fucking crazy..but so was rock climbing when harding did the Nose

i'm looking into this water jet nozzle flying thing

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2015, 07:57:15 PM »
I just have this feeling that if those guys had stuck to climbing they would have been doing it in their old age....

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2015, 10:17:06 PM »
this is a really good read..https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/5-used-bikes-too-dangerous-141909247.html
The bright green liter machine from this generation is well known for being an ill-mannered pissed off rocket on steroids.  This insane bike had class leading horsepower, lowest class weight and shortest class wheelbase which results in a wild ride for even the most experienced riders. It was notorious for vicious headshakes since the front wheel was frequently not connected to the pavement and didnít come stock with a steering damper.  The smaller brake discs also caused brake fade slowing down from warp speed.  If you are a new rider with a death wish, this is your bike.

Seems like not much has changed with kawasaki since the 70s-80s. I had a fair bit of saddel time on a KZ900 BINTD and that was a seriously  angry beast! way more power than handeling or stopping....... the infamous tank slapping kawasaki hospital hop.......
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:22:38 PM by tradmanclimbz »

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2015, 10:38:44 AM »
And a new mad max film

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #36 on: Today at 09:09:00 AM »
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com