Author Topic: not a needed forum  (Read 638 times)

DLottmann

not a needed forum
« on: January 21, 2009, 11:19:31 PM »
Dissolve this Al... this topic is not broad enough to take up a whole forum... "Epics: Embarrassing or Worst" should be a thread in General Climbing.... when it dies it dies...

Offline RhodeIslandJeff

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: not a needed forum
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 11:49:07 AM »
I disagree. Lessons learned especially ones that should be passed along but rarely are shouldn't be a thread that disappears onto page 2 of General Climbing never to be seen again. Specially for newbs such as myself. I would have never considered something being sucked into my belay device but after reading the first post of this new topic I'll never see a belay device the same way (maybe thats a bad thing?).

Everyone has a lesson learned that they would rather not share but on the internet where most of us are fairly anonymous its kinda like a group therapy session where you can share anything. And hopefully you'll be saving someone else from the same mistake. Yes their are accident reports and the stories passed from one person to the next (those get better with every telling) but so many of those embarrasing mistakes fall into oblivion (hopefully intended I'm sure).

Seeing as how mistakes can compound themselves you might even save someones life. A life saving topic shouldn't be lost on page 2 of General Climbing in my opinion.

I say post away and tell the world.
-Why climb? For the natural experience; for the danger that draws us ever on; for the feeling of total freedom; for the monstrous drop beneath you. It is like a drug.-
"Hermann Buhl"