Author Topic: 2009 Hit List  (Read 1794 times)

strandman

Re: 2009 Hit List
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 04:57:07 PM »
John, have you been on the step or steps at band M.  That's a great looking feature.  Also, what about 3 wogs...that's a tough one for the grade.  I haven't been to greens yet but I had some friends do stewart crack last fall.  Is it just those two established routes out there or are there more?
3 Wogs is pretty good, nice well protected climbing. Also Bandit 5.9 and some 5.10 cracks on the far left.

Only the two routes on Greens that I know about but it has been quite a while since I have been there.Check out the Captain- one of it's routes was just added to the database.

meclimber

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 05:08:20 PM »
Bandit is great, I scared myself on the aid route general hospital, hooks to free climbing :-[

adamiata, I live in nottingham and in the spring/summer/fall we usually have a crew a night or two a week that goes out and climbs or boulders.  I keep a rope out there to cut down on travel weight.  I can give you my info if your interested. 

John, the same friends mentioned prior did a recon trip out to the captain and snapped some pics, pretty cool looking out there.  Seems like there is still quite a bit of room for more development.  Did kurt winkler do some routes out there?  One of my partners and I ran into him at a crowded cathedral rappel station this winter and the captain came up, and I beleive that he mentioned some routes.

Another route I want to get on this year is end of the universe, I did across the universe this past summer solstice and led the milkey way by moonlight, creepy.

strandman

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 07:24:32 PM »
Don't know  about  any other routes out there, but I would guess another 40-50 pitches could be done. I have not seen the Kurt in quite  while any contact info for him? One of the best "unknown " climbers ever !

meclimber

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 10:45:45 AM »
No, unfortunetly I don't.  It was my first time meeting him.

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 05:04:53 PM »
John, I think Kurt lives in Brownfield, ME-- I've run into him out ice climbing a couple of times this winter. I don't have contact info but Alain Comeau certainly would. He's in Brownfield also.  Jeff Lea