Author Topic: Rope severed by carabiner  (Read 906 times)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Rope severed by carabiner
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 11:21:48 PM »
I think personal opinion is what NE climbs is all about. 

ain't that the truth!  :-\
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Offline RagingTurk

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 12:10:07 PM »
We could use some fresh blood in the ranks of the RCA officers too. The next generation needs to step up so when we die off  or retire it will still be going strong. Any candidates for the place of  Kim Jong-un?

Mark and others,

I will also stick my neck out on this topic even though I'm a relatively young whipper-snapper:

Personally, I would love to be a lot more involved with the RCA. In the past few years, I've been realizing how important and critical it is for us climbers to take the initiative to participate. (nothing gets done by talking)

I think there are possibly many 'younger' guys like me. But part of the issue is the lack of information and PR about the RCA and its activities. (i.e. lack of updated website, mailing lists, dedicated forum, etc).

No offense to Al, but posts on NEClimbs probably doesn't reach big enough of an audience. Especially, a dedicated and updated website where you can collect membership/donations would go a long way.

Just my 2 cents.
(and I'm sure I must be repeating what has been already said before)

C.O.

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 02:01:19 PM »
Yes, I agree. We had a few people who expressed an interest on working on a web site, but I think they got busy with other things and there was no follow through. That is why I think the position of membership coordinator requires a fair amount of dedication and maybe a few people under their direction handling sub issues, like a web site. Maybe an RCA section could be placed in the Rumney part of mountainproject, with an administrator to keep it in order. A lot of people go there for route information as it is. Or a simple separate site.. I don't think we need to include route lists, since it is already done well elsewhere, but general information and maybe  members could get a password that would allow them to join discussions. It would give a place for the secretary, president and treasurer to post the minutes, current issues etc. , so member would know more what is going on.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:07:23 PM by M_Sprague »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson