NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boulder Loop Trail  (Read 1047 times)

OldDumpRoad

• NEClimbs Newbie
Boulder Loop Trail
« on: June 04, 2009, 01:24:11 PM »

Was exploring the Boulder Loop Trail below Sundown Ledge earlier today.  Amazing granite blocks are everywhere.  Many need some cleaning.

Has anyone been there previously and have any ideas of grades or where the better problems are?

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Boulder Loop Trail
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 02:11:30 PM »

I'm sure Bob Parrot has done them all...  ;D  there is a very cool face up close to the top near the overlook. couple of cool looking cracks.

--al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 08:27:59 PM »

A couple of those crack still have pins in them. Some of the boulders look like there would be some good problems with a little work .
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

oldmansmith

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 07:09:32 AM »

Dave Garham and Luke Parday put up some hard things there, V9/10 range.  Don't know where exactly.

bmbuffy

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 09:31:42 AM »

i spent some time there last summer and that place has a shit ton of good bouldering. i'm not sure i could tell you grades or best,  but if you walk from the parking area for about 5 or 10 mins. you'll come to a little drainage after the trail for the cliff(sundown). poke around uphill there and if i'm remembering right you'll find some cool stuff up that way

JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 09:54:54 PM »

i spent some time there last summer and that place has a shit ton of good bouldering. i'm not sure i could tell you grades or best,  but if you walk from the parking area for about 5 or 10 mins. you'll come to a little drainage after the trail for the cliff(sundown). poke around uphill there and if i'm remembering right you'll find some cool stuff up that way
Is this drainage after the trail for the lookout/before the climbers trail?

Lanky

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 04:06:49 PM »

Bunch of problems have been done there, both along the loop trail and on the river side of the road on at least one big, excellent boulder. No idea on the grades or history really. Sorry.

bm-andy

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 08:16:45 AM »

The drainage was after the climbers trail . I haven't been up there for a couple years and when i was it was only once or twice. So from what I remember JoeC is that there is alot of boulders to the right of sundown cliff. I don't know the look out trail you spoke of. Hell you could go to the base of the cliff and just walk right until you start finding boulders .

Good luck and have fun. Oh yeah prepare to clean stuff, there was some dirty rock out there when I was there.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 10:25:54 AM »

There  are at least a bazillion boulder problems along the Kanc- in addition to Sundown, check out ---Bear, Green's, Lost ledge and the other back cliffs at Sundown.

bm-andy

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 02:46:28 PM »

True story. It's like this at lots of places in NE. Thank the climbing gods for thinking up guide books for most climbers to become dependent on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 24 queries.