Author Topic: Reformed - new Hurley route at North End  (Read 976 times)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Reformed - new Hurley route at North End
« on: August 19, 2009, 01:17:32 PM »
WOW - yet another new route at the North End by George Hurley & David Giampitro  :D

http://www.neclimbs.com/index.php?PageName=routes&RouteID=926

--al
Al Hospers

Offline David_G48

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Reformed - new Hurley route at North End
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 08:18:01 PM »
The description of the climb makes reference to "The Unicorn Ledge" which might be more appropriately referred to as "Hurley's Ledge" as he now has 5 climbs from that ledge Liger 5.10, Raising The Roof 5.9, Post Mortem 5.9+, High Jinks 5.7 and now Reformed 5.9-.
Sometimes it is hard to imagine that George Hurley ,74 years young, has yet to peak in his abilities to find and establish new routes. I'm surprised that he is not sponsored by a major company but that may be attributed to his humble and low key personality.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:03:30 AM by David_G48 »

meclimber

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 06:22:15 AM »
Good job guys, can't wait to climb it.

Offline JBeta

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • Pull down, not out.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 11:30:47 PM »
I was climbing on Jack the Ripper when someone (I couldn't tell who) was cleaning what I assume was to become Reformed. It was a busy, beautiful weekend day, and the dude was sending large rocks down. No yells of "Rock!" or anything.

After a while, I yelled up something like, "Hey there are a bunch of people climbing down here." He yelled back something, sounded a bit put out, and stopped the trundling.

I'm all for cleaning new routes, but I think if you are sending stuff down in a crowded area, you should be sensitive to people climbing. Maybe do it on a weekday. Maybe yell rock a bunch.