NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accidents in North American Parking Lots?  (Read 134 times)

Edge

Accidents in North American Parking Lots?
« on: December 21, 2001, 07:04:18 AM »

OK, so maybe it won't be worthy of a book, but people should be aware that objective dangers abound all around us.
    Seriously, Al, it's a bummer to hear about your mishap.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a quick return to the vertical world.  For what it's worth, your digital images keep us all excited about getting out and climbing; it is a great service that you provide with this website.  Keep up the great work, and congrats on the web site award.

Loran

Walt

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • Gotta love Fred, His whole town is ROCK !
Re: Accidents in North American Parking Lots?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 05:10:07 PM »

:'(  Ditto Al. Speedy recovery (but don't push it !!)

Lucas

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • abiyoyo abiyoyo
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2001, 05:08:04 PM »

We are all pulling for you Al :). At least it didn't happen during rock season. Imagine torqueing your ankle in a nasty crack. When I wrangled my ankle in '99 it was 2 months before I could get on a crack and a year before I could climb one without pain. But climbing boots should give you great support. You'll be climbing before you know it. For extra support you may want to learn how to tape you ankle (if you don't already know). Although I am not sure how compatable it would be with a climbing boot you should check out something called an Active Ankle. The site www.activeankle.com.

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2001, 03:31:24 PM »

hey folks,

I guess I should send this one into the AINAM journal. <wry smile> a bunch of the local guides have told me that I'm by no means the first person who has had this happen to them. apparently the last 20' to the truck is the most dangerous.

thanks Loran, for the kind words about the site. glad to hear that you like the pictures et. al. <grin> it gives me a good exchuse to be outside. obviously that's what I love the most.

the ankle is slowly feeling better. it's still quite sore and swollen and I can't do heel lifts so I can't even think about front pointing right now. <sigh> I went to the gym the other nite to do my upper body stuff. got frustrated looking at the folks on the stairmaster so I tried it. interestingly enough you don't need to bend the foot forward & back so I could do 20 minutes of easy climbing. I came home in a MUCHO better mood I assure you. I've been keeping it iced & elevated several times a day. that seems to help. I know I'm not supposed to push things and it's everything I can to to keep from doing too much.

I know it will get better and the thing that keeps me feeling less frustrated than I could be is that the ice is poor! terrible to say that I know, but it's true.

regarding the activeankle.com web site... it's great! the Injury Care section is super. lots of good suggestions. thanks for the link Lucas.

merry Xmas
Al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 23 queries.