NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what do you do in between seasons?  (Read 100 times)

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
what do you do in between seasons?
« on: November 13, 2003, 10:27:41 AM »

I have a really flexible work schedule, so I can run out for a quick hike or bike ride when the weather clears. in fact that's what I did this morning. it was raining 'till about 10 and then it cleared off & warmed up to 45 so I grabbed the road bike & took off for 10 miles.

al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Edge

Re: what do you do in between seasons?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 10:41:41 AM »

I don't have an in between season thing happening, ever.  From November-January my daughter, and to a much lesser extent me, are training for the ABS bouldering comps, so we hit the gym 2-3 times a week.  Of course we both continue to climb rock outdoors on decent days, which are more plentiful even throughout the winter if we make the trek to Lincoln Woods or maybe Rumney.  

Beginning in January I coach the Junior team at Dover Indoor Climbing Gym to gear the kids up for the USCCA (now USA Climbing) Junior season, which runs through Nationals in July.  Meaghan and I will fit the rock in whenever we can in between her competition schedule.  

If the weather is bad or I'm taking a rest day for my tendons, then I will drive 5 minutes to Mt. Major and try to beat my round trip time on the 4+/- mile loop.  Otherwise stretching or maybe a hangboard workout.

haircity

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 11:06:17 AM »

Climb, mtn bike, ski, ice climb, ski, mtn bike, climb, ski, beer, climb, NFL, ski, gym...depends on what strikes me and how the weather is...

Never know when a beach day appears, somebody might ask you to tie-on with 'em and do a route.. ;)

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 03:54:58 PM »

I usualy climb rock right up untill the ice hits. warm wet days in Nov. are tendon rest days. In the spring  I hit the rock as soon as the ice starts turning white  and try to get a trip in to seneca or the desert in april ;D

DLottmann

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 06:24:31 PM »

Hike, Backpack, do some extra work when weather is really bad for outdoor stuff, spend time reading about and debating climbing ethics on a website called NEClimbs...

ChristieJo

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • Western Transplant
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 09:48:42 AM »

I got the hunting license for the first time this year:  Can look for new crags hiding in the woods while hunting for deer.  This will only work as long as I'm a bad hunter though; once I get good, I'll get the deer too fast and be bored again waiting for the snow to fly.

jeremy

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • .efil si darT
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2003, 01:22:04 PM »

Between climbing seasons I boulder.

Oh, and hang out with my girlfriend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 23 queries.