NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: climbs on mt. Webster  (Read 122 times)

om

• NEClimbs Full Member
climbs on mt. Webster
« on: December 26, 2001, 10:05:22 AM »

I've never done any on them, but always wanted to. Is there any ice on Central or Shoestring now? Any beta on the approach will be very welcome too... Thanks in advance
-om

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: climbs on mt. Webster
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2001, 02:15:56 PM »

I haven't heard of anyone doing them yet this season. last Thursday I stopped & looked but it didn't look good. there wasn't a lot of snow to make the approach tolerable and only a little ice on the bulges lower. hopefully it will be good in a couple of weeks.

Al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

steve D

Re: climbs on mt. Webster
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2001, 12:22:41 PM »

We did Shoestring early last season .  The approach was the Crux.  Without good snow pack just getting to the gully propper was a PIA...  The lower section of the gully with the lack of snow was very difficult and slippery. As far as the approach  we had tracks to follow, that was the easy way.  Without a packed trail, park below and bushwack till you get in a large drainage and head uphill........ Be carefull crossing the brook....

One we got to the mid point the climbing was great .  It is a must do Gully, just wait for a good snow pack if possible.. !!

I hope to get a few more of the other gullies this year...

So any reports on conditions would be helpful.

Steve D
stevezx6r@juno.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 22 queries.