Author Topic: High aerobic/low impact cross-training  (Read 917 times)

Offline jls

• NEClimbs Newbie
High aerobic/low impact cross-training
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:30:49 am »
Ok - You'll have to get over the fact that it looks odd, but...I no longer can run (ankle - next step fusion) so I was missing the aerobic workout that it offered. I find it hard to ride my bike in the winter, so when I saw this I thought I would try it.
www.kickbikeusa.com

It's called a kickbike, like a scooter with a regular size front wheel, smaller in the back and you alternate legs as you kick to propel it. Very low impact and a great workout, I would liken it to backcountry skiing and I dress the same when I go out. If I can't ski then I kickbike. My ankle is fine with it. If you're prone to soreness in the back from biking that is not the case here, you are standing and I do roughly 2/3 the speed I do on my bike. Uphills are not easy though, so very hilly terrain might prove too difficult but rolling is good and you can always walk the hills.

Yeah, it looks kind of odd but I just put my head down and get a great workout from it.

Offline llamero

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: High aerobic/low impact cross-training
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:08:42 pm »
Is this the link: http://www.kickbikeamerica.com/

The link posted is dead.
It is better to not summit and wish you had, than to summit and wish you hadn't.

Offline jls

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 02:35:11 pm »
Yeah that's it...guess the memory is going too.

Offline Vega

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 12:04:25 pm »
It looks like an all terrain Razor scooter. Although it looks more sturdy and easier to handle than a Razor scooter. Although if you can do this, then why couldn't you ride a mountain bike? I like cycling in the winter and the cooler months while swimming in the warm months for a good cardio workout.
Vega Sinclair, Medical Insurance Advisor

Offline bennybrew

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 04:10:54 pm »
i like my rowing machine.

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 06:59:36 pm »
MTN biking in the winter is cool- ask team tough. Swimming is my best activity, just love it. Drinking is pretty low impact- at least on your joints.

DO NOT GET YOUR ANKLE FUSED !!!! I ahve had many problems in that area and fusion I will not do