Author Topic: chiro  (Read 953 times)

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
chiro
« on: March 22, 2010, 10:06:54 pm »
i ahve long been a fan of chiropractors- just started seeing a new one who has lot's of differant ideas.

on first visit he put me in his "top 10"  my luck

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: chiro
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 10:17:17 pm »
on first visit he put me in his "top 10"

top ten biggest messes????  :D

I've been seeing one for years. between that 1x a month and a massage 1x a month I can actually walk around like a normal person, most of the time.  :P
Al Hospers

Offline T_Moon

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 05:10:24 pm »
I'm a big fan of the chiro and massage routine.  I get adjusted every three weeks and get a monthly 90 minute massage.  It definitely helps to at least partly counteract the far too many hours in the office chair lately.  Now if I could just manage to stay disciplined with a stretching routine, I would really be onto something.  I'm fortunate that my insurance covers both chiro and massage.
If you want to get to the peak, you ought to climb without giving it too much thought.

--Nietzsche

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 05:50:57 pm »
I'm starting at 2x a week- acupuncture, ems,massage, and adjustment. No insurance but it has worked in the past. maybe when i finish house building, i'll get a LITTLE better.

Ya ,Al the doc just shook his head. "you know i have a couple of people who LITERALLY have been hit by trains...."

Offline MAmedic

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 06:01:39 pm »
Chiro is great medicine.  I go to a guy who cross specialized in sports medicine.  He also has a flat fee program for his patiants.  Its less that 100$ a mouth and you can go as many times as you need.  If anyone lives on the north shore MA and wants his name let me know.  He is in Topsfield.
Nick D

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 06:24:01 pm »
I have now had 7 visits in 3 weeks and actually can move a little but. Doc says I'm 15 degrees out of whack in 2 directions, not so good.

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 12:07:27 pm »
I have been going to the local "DO" and he has been the only one that can come close to solving the issues with my lower back/sacrum. Damn thing tweaked on me playing vollyball over Easter weekend and I can barely stand (from a result in completing a full "scorpion" on my mountain bike a year ago...actualyl I was "off" of the bike at the time of the stunt!!!). ;D

Anyway, I swear by this guy. Going in today at 3:30 for an adjustment and some muscle relaxants...hopefully the spasms will slow and dissappear before SUnday!! I have to get outside!!!!  :-\
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 07:37:11 pm »
Relaxants !!! Beer/ Scotch combo. Try the new Sierra nevada 30 WOW GOOD

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 11:57:19 am »
ditto to old_school comments about Dr Chin the osteopath here in North Conway. he is really quite good.
Al Hospers

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 07:18:37 am »
Relaxants !!! Beer/ Scotch combo. Try the new Sierra nevada 30 WOW GOOD

:D it's on the "to do" list!!!
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 07:02:19 pm »
So- at the snapper today a fuckin' God aweful sound came from my lower back as I lied on my stomach for e -stim. I'm not shittin', it sounded like rockfall !!! :D

Guess I'm ready for some f/a's

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 11:26:08 pm »
After a big enough rockfall there are always new route possibilities :D--- example the Russian Route on the W Face of the Dru :o