NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lincoln Woods  (Read 754 times)

strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: Lincoln Woods
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 04:52:35 PM »

I moved to New Hampshire from R.I. about seven years ago for the climbing up here and have to say i miss bouldering with my friends at The Woods every weekend.Sitdown area,Pond Cave Traverse,Yosemite boulder,Peace Dove....good memories.How about Whiteys homemade crash pad made from carpet,foam and webbing for shoulder straps.That thing was awesome!
Ya Whitey's pad was as big as him ! I had a homemade job for a while we called the Barcalounger. Tons of good routes.

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 09:37:48 AM »

any direction to lincoln wood and topo?

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 10:55:56 AM »

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/_in_progress/lincoln_woods_rhode_island/106729763

The site I was going to point you to seems to be down now , unfortunately, but mountainproject has some info. check out newenglandbouldering.com too
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 11:05:53 AM »

The site I was going to point you to seems to be down now , unfortunately, but mountainproject has some info. check out newenglandbouldering.com too

Isn't there also a printed Guide?

Prime season for LWoods is late Fall to early/mid Winter before the snow starts to pile up.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Lanky

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 12:07:48 PM »

Lincoln is included in Kemple Jr's guide to NE Bouldering. Recently updated (2009).

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 09:50:31 PM »

there is a printed guide. Also try joe mac  or Whitey, they really know the area.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 11:15:02 PM »

Years ago, Whitey gave me a 'tour' of LWoods.  Unforgettable experience and thoroughly pumped after a couple of hours.  Great fun.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.48 seconds with 23 queries.