Author Topic: taping  (Read 1849 times)

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: taping
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 09:10:48 am »
If the Placebo effect really works with steroids ,
 It makes me wonder what a set of new shoes, and some fancy new Master cams would do for my climbing abilities ,
Danielle

Great question, but I have noticed how my sex drive goes up after a new purchase or ice screws,locking biners and C4's!!!   ;D
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 09:47:41 am »
If the Placebo effect really works with steroids ,
 It makes me wonder what a set of new shoes, and some fancy new Master cams would do for my climbing abilities ,

LOL...   ;)
Al Hospers

Offline meclimber

• NEClimbs God
  • Climb for your own reasons.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 10:24:56 am »
I noticed you said 'sex drive' not sex fullfillment Chris.  Damn Shame ;)
Jon Howard

Offline Dave

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 10:52:34 am »
Sorry, I think I let my grad school life get the best of me.  :D

Thanks for actually answering my question. Dave

Offline ELM

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 06:01:24 pm »
Strand; Dr. Theodore was the psycho...would argue over the dumbest stuff. Anyway...........I haven't climbed enought to have a climbing related taping opinion. I will say that taping does add support and protection for a variety of sports: just ask a boxer or gymnast.
Ed Matt
" I release my attention: because of you now I am in danger!!! " -Champ

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 08:43:29 pm »
or a boxing/gymnast !!! I say do what you think helps and fuck people who don't know shit. My buddy bob in veedawoo prolly knows more about taping/ injuries/climbing than almost anyone and he delivers produce for a living.

Offline meclimber

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 05:57:00 am »
Nice!

I think John's into the scotch...
Jon Howard

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 11:03:54 am »
Nice!

I think John's into the scotch...
Tullamor dew, check the photo

Offline meclimber

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 01:38:09 pm »
check!
Jon Howard

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 06:55:14 pm »
"If the Placebo effect really works with steroids ,
 It makes me wonder what a set of new shoes, and some fancy new Master cams would do for my climbing abilities ,"

BITD the purchase of a set of Friends, followed by the arrival of Firés on the scene, sure did a lot for MY climbing ability!!  (and the scotch helped too)

Offline bennybrew

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 08:39:35 pm »
SHE had a piece of tape on to cover a bandiad today. SHE said it caught an edge inside a crack SHe was slipping out of...

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 08:37:17 am »
this should get some opinions- 

I like tape, it works and i use it all the time. some
Tape clearly supports tendons esp in the hands and fingers.

It was prove that tendon is very strong when you pull straight at them if you do a warm up before and you are well hydrate. When tendon is torn, they can be cut as easily as a sheet of paper. It is also prove that muscle increase there power faster than tendon.

When you increase the power of your muscle without taking care for the tendon (over training), you will need an artificial way to increase the strenght of the weaker point. This mean that your training is not balance and you can use tape to avoid injury or plan your climbing season to avoid very hard climbing. In that situation, the tape is use to line up your tendon.

If you increase the strenght of your tendon as well as your muscle, there is no imbalance between them and you don't need to take tape. It can happen that you didn't have enought strenght to do a route. When you use tape to gain more power, it limit the mobility of the hand. In that situation, the tape is use to make a hook with your finger and we can say that it is aid.

So, tape is not aid, it is the way you use it. The best is always to be healthy and to be able to climb without it. Notice that crack climbing is a different way to use tape.