NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canadian Rockies beta  (Read 145 times)

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Canadian Rockies beta
« on: December 29, 2001, 03:10:40 PM »

I've been thinking about putting together an article about winter climbing in the Icefields Parkway area. this is above Banff in the Canadian Rockies. I've been there 3 years in a row & have a good idea of all the things to do & places to stay as well as a good list of the classic climbs at many different grades. folks think all there is is hard climbing, but there are great climbs at all grades.

let me know if you think this would be interesting.

Al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Merry_Dankster

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Canadian Rockies beta
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2001, 06:57:10 AM »

hey Al, why not share some useful info with some fellow climbers.  I think it would be a great idea to put some beta up about the Canadian ice.  Sorry, I can't be very helpful, never been there before but would love to in the future. The Merry Dankster :)

chris lemay

Re: Canadian Rockies beta
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2001, 09:39:41 AM »

hey al,

it would be great to do an article on Banff and the Icefields Pkwy. It would be best to contact either Will Gadd or Joe Josephson for the best info. Joe Joe is supposed to have put together a 3rd ed. of the rockies ice. Check out gravsports.com(will gadd's site) for other info and conditions. I have only been on polar circus and the weeping wall so i can't be much of help execpt for those 2.

on a side note...paul d, jeff s and I were on the dike yesterday. its in typical early season condition except the last pitch hasn't fully formed so we topped out by the right hand finished. bring rock pro for the 2nd pitch. the 3rd pitch, paul got a few screws in before and good rock pro in the chimney. all in all...a great day. hope the ankle is doing better and hope to hook up with you soon for some climbing.

good luck,

chris    
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.