Author Topic: Rock Climber Falls in Huntington Ravine  (Read 963 times)

DLottmann

Offline Smear

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Rock Climber Falls in Huntington Ravine
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 09:05:59 am »
Thanks for the post Dave.Here's to a speedy recovery to him .Do you know if he was climbing or hiking?You know how the news stories confuse the two.

DLottmann

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 09:11:59 am »
Channel 9 News on TV stated he was rock climbing, and the fact that they said he was climbing Central Gully leads me to believe the news got it right this time, even though the Huntington hiking trail crosses the base of Central Gully.

I have never climbed Central Gully in the summer, but I believe it is a 5.2-5.3, probably with some loose rock on slab? I hope they are able to post an accident report once he has recovered and they have had time to reflect. I would like to hear the details.

Offline Old Mans Ghost

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:25:31 am »
Man those news sites have expert trollers just waiting to pounce on every climbing accident. Someday I will write a news article "Fat Dude has Heart Attack" and hopefully a bunch of climbers can leave comments like, "stupid fat ass shoulda known better than to eat several gallons of ice cream and 2 dozen big macs, I hope he's getting charged for that bambulance ride."

I have a question? Who does number one work for.

Derek

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 06:44:36 pm »
Man those news sites have expert trollers just waiting to pounce on every climbing accident. Someday I will write a news article "Fat Dude has Heart Attack" and hopefully a bunch of climbers can leave comments like, "stupid fat ass shoulda known better than to eat several gallons of ice cream and 2 dozen big macs, I hope he's getting charged for that bambulance ride."

DITTO!

DLottmann

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 11:24:48 am »
From anonymous source:

they were just hiking on Huntington trail, a good friend of mine was
on scene. I suppose they could have been off trail, but they were just hikers
and I think kid fell near bottom on slabby section.

Offline slink

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 11:37:18 am »
channel nine news reported today that they were hikers also.
bailing is not failing!!!