Author Topic: Kitty Litter Piller, 5.8  (Read 1950 times)

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: Kitty Litter Piller, 5.8
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 05:38:16 PM »
Been out to do Crack in the Woods  :P (boy is that route easy!!!!)  :D

Never been out to the others though!
Might be a good fall trip
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline dpen

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 07:33:41 PM »
Grammy, Bob,  led Kitty Litter today.

Very nice find.   Excellent rock above the pillar, fun moves and good gear,  Well done to find a nice route that goes almost all on gear.

And the Kitty Litter part is not bad at all.....

D

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 07:50:47 PM »
Hey Cool!
Psyched you got on it Dave! No, that bottom section isn't bad at all and actually protects quite nicely, just nowhere near as aesthetic as the last 2/3rds of the climb.
~g
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

DLottmann

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 09:18:14 PM »
Good to see you today Dave, did you and Tom get on much after I left?

Offline dpen

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 12:10:08 AM »
Hey Dave,  good to see you too.

We did Lost and Found...boy the last section is stout...and good stuff up to that point too

And we both led Kitty Litter...worked out well

DLottmann

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 11:45:16 PM »
Got to climb this today with Bob. I would recommend the old trail approach along the whole new area... we left down through the talus and I don't see any discern able trail there.

Awesome climb, and not that gritty at the bottom. I would call it 5.7 though, the holds are all super positive and while steep nothing really gave me pause, which is where my 5.8 kicks in. Due to the small gear maybe it is a "5.7 for a 5.8 climber?). I'm looking forward to doing it again... those holds are just perfect! Great find Chris!

Offline slevasse

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 09:12:35 AM »
Anybody have a picture of this climb?  When my climbing partner and I were up there last time we looked for it and obviously either walked right by it or headed in the wrong direction.

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 09:15:38 AM »
Anybody have a picture of this climb?  When my climbing partner and I were up there last time we looked for it and obviously either walked right by it or headed in the wrong direction.

I will take some this weekend. I am guiding a few folks on Sunday and thought about taking them out there. It is 20' right of the Lost Canadian Corner. Only one bolt near the top of the pitch that is hard to see, and the anchors are not visible from the ground. There are a stack of rocks agains the butt of a tree that sort of marks the start. There is an obvious black streak that marks the line of the climb...steep face climbing.

DLottmann

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 02:39:46 PM »
BTW Lost Canadian has a "sign" stapled to a tree, so that makes finding that climb easy. It is about 5 minutes left of the fixed ropes on a couple projects. 

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 11:22:01 PM »
BTW Lost Canadian has a "sign" stapled to a tree, so that makes finding that climb easy.

George did that because people kept asking him where teh climb was...
Al Hospers