NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: one piece base layer  (Read 138 times)

scottie_c

• NEClimbs Full Member
one piece base layer
« on: January 20, 2004, 07:58:44 AM »

looking for a one piece base layer to increase comfort on an extended outdoor trip in the winter. i recall a fairly recent review on one of this in either 'climbing' or 'rock and ice', but was unable to find it. looking to the crowd here to provide insight and experiences on this.

DLottmann

Re: one piece base layer
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 04:30:12 PM »

I have a Marmot Action Suit I wear almost exclusively.  Works great and feels much warmer than 2-piece equivilants.  I recently heard Wild Things made a nice one.  EMS might have the most inexpensive.  Check Ragged Mt too.

slobmonster

• NEClimbs Senior Member
  • Eschew obfuscatory polysyllabicati on
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 09:06:08 AM »

Patagonia used to make a one-piece mid-weight capilene suit, which fit the bill perfectly.  On cold days I wear it under a powerstretch farmer john.  I'll keep my eyes open for you...

Ron Goodman

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • Paramedic, Colonie EMS
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 02:53:18 PM »

You might want to look at the Quadratic suit from Outdoor Research.  Very stretchy, with a through the crotch zipper that matches the Wild Things Colorado suit and the Arcteryx salopettes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 22 queries.