Author Topic: Move it or lose it, 5.11  (Read 985 times)

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Move it or lose it, 5.11
« on: October 09, 2010, 09:17:45 PM »
Move it or lose it (5.11) : Humphrey's Ledge

Directions:   Located on a face 20' right of the Dedication Corner (12' right of Bondi Beach). Good spacious, and flat stance for the belay.

Description: Difficult steep face climbing. 5 bolts and some gear at mid-height.

Pitch 1: Climb the face past three bolts, make a dynamic move to a horizontal hold (possible .5), move feet up and shoot for the top of the block (.5-.75 behind the block). Make a delicate and difficult mantle move up to a rest and 4th bolt. move slightly left to an obvious flake and undercling and make thin moves up and left of next bolt. A balancy exit move will hold your attention until you are clear of the slab.

Gear: Draws, (0.5 & .75 camalots helpful)
Descent: Rappel from the trees
History:  October 9, 2010 - Chris Graham, Bob Ahearn

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

strandman

Re: Move it or lose it, 5.11
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 09:20:39 PM »
Well it's about time  :o

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 06:29:22 AM »
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 05:20:08 PM »
nice... I think that's something that Brad & I looked at one time when we were fiddling around over there. it's definitely a steep face...
Al Hospers

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 10:43:23 PM »
nice... I think that's something that Brad & I looked at one time when we were fiddling around over there. it's definitely a steep face...

Yes...very steep. Pretty much in your face from the moment you leave the ground until you pull over that mantel shelf. Really fun route.  ;)