Author Topic: Rumney Main Cliff parking lot  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Mike G

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Rumney Main Cliff parking lot
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 08:10:12 AM »
 Remember botox is a toxin, as in the same one that can give you food poisoning.Have you been out there recently? I can say I did want o hurl when I saw it. I just do not see the good.

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 12:43:18 PM »
No, I haven't been there in months. How about some pictures?
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Bbrum

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 10:04:28 PM »
I'll see if I can get a few this week. it is a big change, clearly Rumney hasn't been a quiet little crag form many years, but in my opinion this is a much needed upgrade. it's all about perspective,but so was the meadows lot, and the meadows lot expansion., in the end if keeps foot traffic off the road I'm all for it.

Bob

Offline TS

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 10:43:41 PM »
The trail looks pretty "overdone" for my taste, but it seems that's the only way to get more people off the road (FS standards and all?), so it's worth it. As my friend says, "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good."   From the posted flyer, it looked like there will be spaces for 16 cars?... Which is probably about what was parked there before on a busy day... only difference is everyone will be able to come and go when they want now, I guess, and bottoming out won't be an issue?... I'm no expert, but it looks like a lot of deep site work going on.  It'll probably be better built than most roads!  The driveway around the rock is interesting...  makes we wonder- Rumney is kinda famous for being anal about 'driveway permits'...

Offline jammer

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 09:42:27 PM »
Would love to hear what people think of the new "Crag Improvement". I think I may be missing the "Improvement" part.  Mike
I was at Rumney and the Main Cliff parking lot is still closed, but it sure looks good.  There will be a lot of more parking, compared to what we had.  The new trail from there to 5.8 is really nice and if they plan on doing this all over, I'm for it.  They have done a great job.

Offline Mike G

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 06:19:57 AM »
Yah, gonna be awsome when they pave it,and the bridges they built are really nice too. It's a real park like setting. Maybe we can get some of those trash cans on a post and doggie poop bags along the walk to help litter contoll.

Offline jammer

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »
right ...  ::)

For years the town has had an issue with all the people walking on the road, especially when you have a large group of boulders wandering to the black jack area, pads in hand.  With Rumney still gaining popularity, having a trail is a good idea.  Same goes with the parking issue.  There have been many days when cars were doubled at the main wall, or lined on the road, which always caused friction between the town and climbers.

Rumney is there and people are going to come, no matter how natural you want to have it or how groomed it becomes.  The relationship between the town and the climbers can only improve by working together.  There is enough climbing elsewhere for those who like it natural. 

Offline Mike G

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 04:32:46 PM »
You must be from rumney?

DLottmann

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 08:29:59 PM »
right ...  ::).  There is enough climbing elsewhere for those who like it natural. 

I kind of agree except for the fact that Rumney climbers will spill out over other areas and may expect the same type of "park-ness"...

Offline JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 08:32:24 PM »
You must be from rumney?

you must still think you're in Rumney 1992

right ...  ::).  There is enough climbing elsewhere for those who like it natural.  

I kind of agree except for the fact that Rumney climbers will spill out over other areas and may expect the same type of "park-ness"...

yea..  like a paved road going to the top and a fence to keep the tourons from falling off?   seems like other areas have that  covered already.  

is the glass covering the Saigon's and the base around it natural too...  just checking.     

Rumney climbers are not your problem.   
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:02:47 PM by JakeDatc »
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing

DLottmann

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 09:09:23 PM »
Nevermind, I should have just said "I kind of agree".

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 09:28:52 PM »
Can anyone share up to date pics of the Main Cliff parking lot?
I was going to go up last weekend but that plan got shelled by a sick wife.  And the weather is not being kind this Sun and it is Easter the weekend after ..... so post some pics, please!

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Offline jammer

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 01:08:57 AM »
Climbing there Monday.  I'll take some pics for all to see what all the concern is about.

Offline jammer

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 01:10:59 AM »
You must be from rumney?
Rumney is just 45 minutes away.  Closest climbing area for me.

Offline Mike G

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 06:48:58 AM »
We will never see this the same,you guys just don't get it. Careful what you wish for as these things are forever. I'm out of this one. Jake, love to see ya out there some time. Mike