NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Indoor Cave  (Read 1288 times)

RNA

• NEClimbs Newbie
Indoor Cave
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:20:37 AM »

I have Built a small bouldering cave in my outdoors store ! I am looking to put together a climb night. And also A built a route day or somthing ?
My shop is in Brownsville, VT   You can call to with any Questions 1-802-484-3926 ask for Tim,

This is't a AD for business either! Just trying to give people a resource to use.

RNA

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Indoor Cave
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 02:42:14 PM »

Does any one have any ideas or thoughts on events. that and I would like hear from the climber on a night and time for a bouldering night ??

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »

If I lived closer, I would take you up on it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:52:26 PM by M_Sprague »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

ed_esmond

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • if you can't laugh at yourself..
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 07:32:34 PM »

i might be interested in some indoor bouldering this winter. 

why don't you just pick an evening, and see who can show up?

is your shop by the mt ascutney ski area?

ed e

pragmatic: (adj) dealing with the problems that exist in a specific situation in a reasonable and logical way instead of depending on ideas and theories.

RNA

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 09:50:11 AM »

My store is River Northeast Adventures, I'm on the Ascutney MT Resort. I would just pick a night but, with my luck it would be the night that no one has the time. I have Pictures of the build of the cave on facebook as well. to day its geting a new paint job!

www.Wildnortheastadventures.com

DWT

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 11:33:38 AM »

Dude...Your store, your night.  "If you build it, they will come."  A giveaway always gets a turnout.   ;D

I know, I know... it's not business. ::)

RNA

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 03:37:41 PM »

Thanks for the input I will be Holding a Bouldering night every Thursday night 5 to 8!!! bring your shoes and have some fun !! 5 bucks For the night if you say you heard it on NEclimbs.

OldEric

• NEClimbs Senior Member
  • climb on
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 10:36:59 PM »

Thanks for the input I will be Holding a Bouldering night every Thursday night 5 to 8!!! bring your shoes and have some fun !! 5 bucks For the night if you say you heard it on NEclimbs.

Is it free otherwise?

RNA

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 09:24:34 AM »

Its is 5/hour 15/half day 25/full day  But If you stop in and say your on NEclimbs I'll discount. http://wildnortheastadventures.com/Home_Page.php

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 06:58:11 PM »

Its is 5/hour 15/half day 25/full day  But If you stop in and say your on NEclimbs I'll discount. http://wildnortheastadventures.com/Home_Page.php

That was a joke, right? I just wrote a post about how that was a wee bit much considering, but then I realised, "ah, it was zay leetle joke"
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

RNA

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 12:03:41 PM »

Well ? what would you call a fair price ?? i was planning to give neclimbs members a great deal of 3 buck for an hour and if u play longer it would be 3 bucks for the rest of the day. So 6 buck to climb all day ?

I know 25 sounds high for a full day but im a business. that and i have alot families that drop there kids off like its a day care. thats why it is what it is.

M_sprague What would you charge ? keep in mind i have 2,500 invested in the cave its self and then 1,500 a year in insurance.

Lanky

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 03:24:51 PM »

I'm not Mark, buy my local gym charges $15 for a day pass. Anything more than that for access to a small bouldering cave is too much. In fact, $15 might feel like too much to me personally, but if it was the only option I might go for it. If you price it at $10, you only need 150 customers a year to cover insurance costs. 260 customers (5 per week) is $1,100 over costs (ignoring heat/electricity/etc). I don't know if that's at all reasonable for your shop, but $10 is a nice round number that feels OK to me.

YMMV

DWT

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 04:35:27 PM »

:-X

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 06:40:25 PM »

Do you have any pictures that show the full cave? That might help us get a sense of what it is worth. I didn't mean to be harsh on you, but it seemed to me you were completely pricing out potential customers.  If the "cave" is a simple box like structure with vertical walls and a horizontal roof, like what is pictured on your site, you won't get many repeat visitors except maybe by little kids who need baby-sitting. If there is more to it, that we don't see, it might keep people's interest and they would be willing to pay.

I presume you have visited other, quality gyms in New England before you made your business plan and built it. In your first post, I got the impression that you built a little cave in your store to use your self and encourage interaction with the community, thereby getting more customers and building loyalty. If it is meant as a profit maker in itself, I think you have to be thinking of a more advanced structure.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 08:53:38 PM »

Mark, you are being too harsh! :)
I have hopes it looks somewhat like this -

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 23 queries.