Author Topic: Grivel Quantum Techs  (Read 1762 times)

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: Grivel Quantum Techs
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 07:19:03 AM »
^^
PLEASE tell me you're not talking about his thong. 
  Right?

Ahahah....Dale have you seen the pictures???  ;D
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline Pete.

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 07:37:57 PM »
I call not following you.
You should love way more than you hate. - 50 Cent.

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 09:38:09 PM »
I call not following you.

Oh man...you should have seen me working the chimneys!!! lol
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline TC

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 09:04:40 AM »
Grammy (and anyone else who has used them), any other feedback on the Quantum Techs?  I've been using Quarks for years but the feel and weight distribution of the QT's seemed really nice when I handled them in the store.

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 09:23:39 AM »
Grammy (and anyone else who has used them), any other feedback on the Quantum Techs?  I've been using Quarks for years but the feel and weight distribution of the QT's seemed really nice when I handled them in the store.

I totally love these tools, they are probably the best all around tools I have ever used, and I have used them on a few mixed climbs (they handled the rock  finish on Pegasus with no problem). They are light, so those humps into the gullies are more tolerable. The weight distribution and balance are fantastic and the picks stick like glue. Some have said that they like a heavier tool so they can sink the pick and get better purchase, but a flick of the wrist sets these picks like nobody's business. The only criticism I might have is #1...no upper pommel for stacking hands, and they can be a bear to clean if you over drive the pick. You simply have to get used to the fact that a shallower stick is going to hold...and it will.

I fashioned a pommel for my hands and have some pics of it if you are interested in seeing it and I can tell you how I did it...very easy...and they work like a charm. Great tool...you would not be disappointed.  ;)

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 09:33:06 AM »
Here you go TC!

Grammy  ;)

Offline TC

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 07:58:13 AM »
Thanks Grammy!