NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stewart Green  (Read 352 times)

Walt

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • Gotta love Fred, His whole town is ROCK !
Stewart Green
« on: August 23, 2001, 04:18:59 PM »

Not a real important post, but something I was curious about. I've had the Handren guide to Whitehorse and Cathedral for a while and it is one of many climbing guides that I read through daily in my favorite reading room, the john. I've come across the photo on pg 108 many times of Arran Green at 4 years old climbing Standard on Whitehorse ("some time ago" the caption states) and was always impressed with the early start at climbing he had gotten. Recently I've added the Stewart Green "Rock Climbing New England" book to my guide book collection. Someone had mentioned to me that they thought that the picture on the cover was Stewart Green's son, although they didn't know his name, (can you tell where I'm going with this? ;D) Anyway, is this Stewart Green's son on the cover?, is his name Arran?, and is it the same person that is in the Handren book?  I realize that this isn't real useful information, but it is kinda fun !!

JAY

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Stewart Green
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2001, 08:40:01 AM »

Nope the guy on the cover is Frank Carus, he used to guide for IME. really cool guy
jay

RatBoy

Re: Stewart Green
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2001, 03:35:07 PM »

I beleive his son's name is Ian Spencer Green and he is all over a couple of other guidebooks written by the Elder Green.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.