Author Topic: The Alaskan Slab 12a - Owl's Cliff, Left Cliff  (Read 718 times)

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
The Alaskan Slab 12a - Owl's Cliff, Left Cliff
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:19:22 AM »
Somewhere here recently we were talking about slabs, so I wanted to point out a super good slab route we put up at Owl's Cliff a few years ago. I cleaned and bolted it up, but Dave Quinn managed the FA. I posted it up on MountainProject, so rather than repeating that now, here is a link to the description.
http://www.mountainproject.com/v/new_hampshire/owls_cliff/the_left_cliff/107085207 The grade needs confirmation.

The picture makes it look lower angled , as looking up a slab usually does, and cuts off the bottom some.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:17:17 AM by M_Sprague »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbrait

Offline mopowers

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: The Alaskan Slab 12a - Owl's Cliff, Left Cliff
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 05:03:16 PM »
Hell Ya! I'm on it. You never mentioned slab at Owls. Its now on my ever growing list.

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
Re: The Alaskan Slab 12a - Owl's Cliff, Left Cliff
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »
Great route!  I flashed it (on a toprope) just after Mark bolted it.  Maybe closer to 12b....with great 5.11 pocket moves up above the crux.