NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rumney Police  (Read 1970 times)

DGoguen

Re: Rumney Police
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »

You sure you guys aren't talking about the Gunks ?  :)

Or the Fryeburg Fair ?

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 07:54:31 PM »

You sure you guys aren't talking about the Gunks ?  :)
Some similarity but not to the same extent.  I see that the daily use fee at The Gunks is now $15 or $17 or an annual pass for $85.  And I do not recall if it costs extra to park as well.  And the pass does not even buy you the privilege to climb at Sky Top.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 08:48:21 PM »

gunks parking and camping are free..  climbing is 15   or the yearly pass.  daily cost it works out similarly  except that the Mohonk preserve is private and puts out their spending report out for public viewing.  All of the climbing fees goes directly to the operation, maintenance, etc for the preserve. 
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 09:40:43 PM »

Does anyone know how the parking fee got set at $3 per day (assuming one does not get a yearly pass)?  Is this amount uniform across all NFS properties in NH? 

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

MAmedic

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 10:41:32 PM »

Does anyone know how the parking fee got set at $3 per day (assuming one does not get a yearly pass)?  Is this amount uniform across all NFS properties in NH? 

thats nfs standard.  get the season pass.  its 25 bucks for a year for two cars.  find a buddy and its 12.50.
Nick D

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 11:02:38 PM »

thats nfs standard.  get the season pass.  its 25 bucks for a year for two cars.  find a buddy and its 12.50.
Thanks, good to know.  Yeah, a buddy and I get a pair for $25.  Totally a good deal.

OldEric

• NEClimbs Senior Member
  • climb on
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 10:21:34 AM »

gunks parking and camping are free..  climbing is 15   or the yearly pass.  daily cost it works out similarly  except that the Mohonk preserve is private and puts out their spending report out for public viewing.  All of the climbing fees goes directly to the operation, maintenance, etc for the preserve. 

It actually just went up to $17 for weekend days.  But you are right that all the $$$ management is very transparent for the MP - the antithesis of National Forest $$$.  And if you choose to become a member you may have some say on that.  Theoretically we (at least the US citizens "we") are all "members" and should have some say in the management of public lands.  In reality not so much.  The necessity of the "improvements" being made or the concept of being doubly taxed for the use of federal public lands has been beaten to death on every climbing and hiking board for the past 10+ years.  deader then Roy Rogers Trigger (although I love to get Mark S. wound up about it).

One more tangential thought. If you are really looking for a "bargain" and anticipate some traveling then consider getting an Inter-agency pass (formally the Golden Eagle) - good at Red Rock, all national Parks, Cape Cod National Sea Shore and last but not least - the Rumney Parking Lot.  How much?  $85.

JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 01:48:44 PM »

It actually just went up to $17 for weekend days.  But you are right that all the $$$ management is very transparent for the MP - the antithesis of National Forest $$$.  And if you choose to become a member you may have some say on that.  Theoretically we (at least the US citizens "we") are all "members" and should have some say in the management of public lands.  In reality not so much.  The necessity of the "improvements" being made or the concept of being doubly taxed for the use of federal public lands has been beaten to death on every climbing and hiking board for the past 10+ years.  deader then Roy Rogers Trigger (although I love to get Mark S. wound up about it).

One more tangential thought. If you are really looking for a "bargain" and anticipate some traveling then consider getting an Inter-agency pass (formally the Golden Eagle) - good at Red Rock, all national Parks, Cape Cod National Sea Shore and last but not least - the Rumney Parking Lot.  How much?  $85.

good to know..  apparently i can renew my gunks year pass and get a month free..  the rate going up definitely makes that choice easier. 
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing

caldergill

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 11:28:30 PM »

DON'T JERSEY RUMNEY!!!!

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 11:44:04 PM »

DON'T JERSEY RUMNEY!!!!
I am not 'with it' and do not understand.  Care to explain?

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 12:35:21 AM »

"What a face, what a figure, two more legs and she'll look like Trigger."  ;D

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 23 queries.