NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ciao NEClimbs  (Read 450 times)

Climber57r

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Ciao NEClimbs
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 10:54:25 PM »

Man that was a real pain in the ass. I had to click on everyone's post to read it  ::). But really everyone that has read this has now added LL to there ignore list. Wait, hopefully I do not fall into the boredom and click his link to read it.
Good Times + Good Climbs

Shepherds Pie

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 09:15:42 AM »

Itís been good, but Iím signing off. Some members can ignore him. I canít. Some can laugh at him. I canít. Iíve enjoyed the NEClimbs community for more than 10 years, but Iím moving on, and as drastic as it may seem Iím deleting my account and bookmarks and moving on.

Those members who Iíve enjoyed conversing with here probably know me on Facebook or how to reach me if they want. Iíll be spending what time I have on other sites, mainly NEIce in the winter, Mountain Project, and maybe Iíll check out RC.com a bit more now that Iím not wasting time here reading ridiculous posts and trying to make sense out of it. I hope Iíve been helpful to some folks who visit here.

Some sobering statistics from my profile:

Date Registered: October 7th 2003
Total time spent online: 21 days, 10 hours and 14 minutes.
Total topics started: 386
Most active time: 10pm-11pm

Post breakdown:
General Climbing 1070 posts of the member's 4091 posts (26.15%) 1070 Rock Climbing: Trad 797 posts of the member's 4091 posts (19.48%) 797 Ice & Winter Climbing 744 posts of the member's 4091 posts (18.19%) 744 Climbing NOT (Bitch & moan) 216 posts of the member's 4091 posts (5.28%) 216 Climbing Gear Q & A 211 posts of the member's 4091 posts (5.16%) 211 Gear Exchange 175 posts of the member's 4091 posts (4.28%) 175 Beginners Area 171 posts of the member's 4091 posts (4.18%) 171 Epics and Accidents 147 posts of the member's 4091 posts (3.59%) 147 Events & Announcements 101 posts of the member's 4091 posts (2.47%) 101 Conditions 85 posts of the member's 4091 posts (2.08%) 85

Hmmm... no Sport Climbing activity...

Hereís the top 10 NEClimbs by post count:

Admin Al                     6969   
   strandman                     4464   
   DMan                             4091   
   tradmanclimbz                  3789   
   old_school                     2314   
   sneoh                             1912   
   M_Sprague                     1532   
   lucky luke                     1392   
   meclimber                     1011   
   JBrochu                     1009   

Iíd asked Al to ban him over a year ago but lost that fight.

If LL/Champ ever moves on permanently from NEClimbs either by choice or not, someone hit me up on the FB, Iíld love to come back. If not, best of luck to those hanging in who are good at ignoring or laughing at him.

Ciao.

So you are complaining about LL's content on the Internet, even though you have more posts than him and have a choice, albeit a mature one, to just ignore posts you don't like.

What a thin skinned tool. I would be happy if you just quit the net altogether.  Don't take your dog and pony show to MP, it might make your panties bunch up.  Better to stay in this little NEC pond and be known an ass than introduce yourself as such to the greater climbing population.

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 10:00:53 AM »

This really IS a tricky situation... [sigh] I've tried to keep my hands off the forum as much as possible. After all, it's a semi-moderated Internet forum. I do not approve all postings, as some sites do. On the whole, people can say what they want and it's pretty much up to readers/members to read, respond or ignore as they desire. Kind of like getting a whole bunch of folks in a room to talk about something that they care about. I've heard many arguments about banning people over the years, on this site and on others. I don't think I have banned more than one person in the history of NEClimbs.com, and when they came back under a different name with a different attitude, I more or less welcomed them back. (Not Luke BTW)

FYI Every member does have the Ignore option as a part of their settings. It's like tuning out that kid in the lunchroom, rather than going to the teacher and complaining. [wry grin] 'cause most of teh time they are going to say; "Just ignore them Johnny!" Unless of course they are doing something physical or being abusive. The fact is, since you don't agree with him, you "could" just not respond. Especially when he starts a thread. Remember - once you all jump in, you just fuel the whole fury.

From what I can see Luke has not responded to this thread, however I'll bet dollars to donuts that he's read it. Maybe, and that's just a big MAYBE, he will get something out of this and change his tune a bit. One can hope.

And one other thing... Tho you don't see me posting on MP, RC, NEIce and other forums, I have spent some time there. There are always folks like Luke floating around. You're not going to get away simply by leaving here and going there. At least IMNSHO...

So for the moment I'm somewhat disinclined to do anything. That may change over a short or long period of time tho. Stay tuned...

Luke - pay attention!!!!
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 10:04:02 AM »

I prefer to just be an asshole rather than annoying...your welcome. ;D

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 10:05:48 AM »

I prefer to just be an asshole rather than annoying...your welcome. ;D

LOL...
Al Hospers

steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 10:11:13 AM »

I am going to start a "don't ban Luke" petition. I find him to be quite amusing. I do think a lot of what he says get's lost in "translation." His command of the English language is somewhat marginal, at best. My guess is that if everyone who criticizes him  spent a day climbing together they would find that have a lot in common and would get along just fine. OrÖÖAl could through a B-B-Q and invite all of us to "work out" issues with Luke. Sounds like a good idea doesn't it Al?  ;) ;)

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 01:37:23 PM »

Lucky Luke is just very passionate about what he stands for and it gets a few of us all riled up at times. Me included and when he does I stay quiet however for the most part I find him entertaining - with some of the back and forth even more entertaining.

I look at it this way - LL climbs with Base and having climbed with Base over the years I've a ton of respect for him as I'm sure most others do. So if Base gets along and climbs with him I'm sure he's a good guy!

With that - man are there allot of real interesting trolls over at MP! At least here at NEC we're all local for the most part and all contributors and part of a great climbing community. LL included! I hope you stick around Dave too!

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 09:40:34 PM »

Everyone is free to speak up on Ne climbs..that's why I like it

Nemesis

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 09:54:13 PM »

Lucky Luke is nothing more than "that guy".  Don't ban him

Freedom!

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 06:55:40 AM »

Banning certain posters from forums is a slippery slope.
I for one will miss your posts, DMan.  I've learned quite a bit from them over the years.  Do reconsider coming back!
I've also learned from LL/Champ's posts.  And he truly believes in what he writes, and passionately at that. While his posts can be annoying as heck, and sometimes over the top, I do not believe those can be reasons to ban him.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 08:48:29 AM »

Banning certain posters from forums is a slippery slope.
I for one will miss your posts, DMan.  I've learned quite a bit from them over the years.  Do reconsider coming back!

Agreed on both points. While LL can be a wacky guy, he's our wacky guy. He's not mean or abusive - unlike some who ARE that way towards him! And those know who they are... I'm sad that DMan has left. I'd like it if he came back. But I'm not going to ban people because some folks don't like another posters posts.

I'm going to close this thread now 'cause I don't think we need to belabor this point. Personally I'd like it if everyone could just "get along", but we're climbers so that's somewhat unlikely. ;-) If we can't agree on bolt placement, it's unlikely we can agree on this kind of thing.

I'd appreciate it if everyone would take a deep breath before posting, and remember that you have the power to IGNORE anyone!

Have a great summer and climb more than you post on the net...
Al Hospers

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.