My wife just posted this position and I thought some of you may be in the market for a Summer job.
BOLD/GOLD Leadership Development Guides
(position based out of Salem, MA with travel to New Hampshire)
YMCA of the North Shore
Overview: The YMCA of the North Shore is a vibrant and growing Association of 7 YMCA's that service of 25 communities in Beverly, Salem, Marblehead, Ipswich, Gloucester, Haverhill and Plaistow NH. Our Mission is to welcome All. We strengthen communities, educate and nurture children and promote healthy living in spirit, mind and body. This summer we are excited to offer the BOLD and GOLD (Boys and Girls Outdoor Leadership Development) programs to youth in our communities. The program is dedicated to inspiring courage and confidence in diverse groups of adolescent girls and boys through outdoor adventures. Activities include backpacking, rock climbing, mountaineering, fishing, back-country cooking and more. Our goal is to increase not only confidence and courage but emotional intelligence, wonder, and community awareness.
Qualifications: Must be 24 years of age or older, Wilderness First Aid and CPR, love of the outdoors, outdoor education interest/background.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Facilitate the learning of outdoor skills
• Ensure both a physically and an emotionally safe environment.
• Create values-forming experiences for adolescents.
• Create an inclusive environment for youth in the outdoors.
Critical Success Factors:
• Professional instructional experience in backpacking, rock climbing, and/or mountaineering
• Commitment to working with diverse groups
• Excellent judgment and decision making skills
• Strong group facilitation, communication, and conflict resolution skills
• Experience facilitating activities addressing issues facing adolescent females and/or males
• Experience making the transference of a wilderness experience relevant to the everyday lives of under served populations.
• Knowing how to have fun!
Trip Dates: July 18-July 22 & July 25-July 29
Professional Development hours and planning time will be available before the trips.
Salary: $15-$20 per hour commensurate with experience
To Apply: Inquiries will be received until July 1st or the position is filled. Please send resume and letter of interest to Amanda Tower at email@example.com
. Please indicate BOLD/GOLD Program Applicant in the subject line.
Director of Training and Development
YMCA of the North Shore
245 Cabot Street, Beverly MA 01915
(P) 978-564-3072 (F) 978-922-7602
(O) Facebook | Twitter | YouTube