Author Topic: Trump  (Read 9090 times)

Offline neiceclimber

• NEClimbs God
Re: Trump
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2016, 03:18:12 PM »

Nepotism? Stupidity? Blind hubris?

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-children-diplomacy-state-department-232191

Perhaps the most poignant quote
"Trump is not known to have taken any briefings from the State Department yet, despite having conversations with several foreign leaders,according to a source at State. Trump has made moves that run directly counter to U.S. foreign policy, such as speaking with Taiwan's president a talk that upset China and suggested to U.S. diplomats that he doesn't care what they think. Trump also has yet to select a secretary of state, a delay that could be due to his awareness of the importance of that role but which is nonetheless deepening anxiety within the Foreign Service."

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2017, 05:03:06 PM »
Petition Trump to release his taxes divest (and let farmers grow hemp) Please signe. Make sure you uncheck the little box so Trump wont spam you
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/#signapetition
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:40:49 PM by M_Sprague »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2017, 07:44:38 PM »
I agree that Trump should release his taxes, but I'm still waiting for Obama to release his college transcripts.  As Obama said, "The only people who don't want to disclose the truth are people with something to hide."

But then I'm still waiting for that middle class tax cut that Bill Clinton promised....

I won't hold my breath.

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2017, 08:01:31 PM »
Well, if Obama failed a course (unlikely) or took a basket weaving class it would just be embarrassing, whereas the tax returns could really reveal illegal and impeachable activity. I share your skepticism that Trump will ever voluntarily  show his tax returns, but at least if there is a huge number of petitioners it blows a hole in his assertion that nobody cares.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2017, 08:20:41 AM »
Well, if Obama failed a course (unlikely) or took a basket weaving class it would just be embarrassing, whereas the tax returns could really reveal illegal and impeachable activity. I share your skepticism that Trump will ever voluntarily  show his tax returns, but at least if there is a huge number of petitioners it blows a hole in his assertion that nobody cares.

The speculation is that he applied to college as a foreign citizen (Indonesian).   But since he won't release them we will never know.

Offline neiceclimber

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2017, 08:54:45 AM »
I don't seem to remember College transcripts showing your incoming admission status (i.e. International), but I may be incorrect it's been a few since I left my job evaluating transcripts. Transcripts show grades, classes, standing as in grade level, enrollment status, and previous education. But let's say it does show app status of international, from that time forward all other schooling would also enroll him as international until he became a US Citizen at which point there would be a fairly lengthy paper trail both within the government and within school.

Since Obama received Federal Student Aid it would have been impossible for him to be an international student.  Now what often happens is a student will make a mistake and file an international admission application, usually the admission team catches this and it's fixed pretty quickly. In the case of Obama with his educational background it could have been missed and then fixed when admissions and the international students office requested visa applications  and financial solvency or financial aid would pick it up when applying for aid. If financial aid picks it up, in order for them to change anything and disperse funding the student has to provide proof of citizenship. On occasion an admissions team will see someone graduated from a foreign high school (a child of a us diplomat) and assume the student is international and request a new app or proof of citizen.  I've also seen financial aid incorrectly label a student international based on their address at time of filing and again this usually requires proof of citizenship.

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2017, 10:09:01 AM »

The speculation is that he applied to college as a foreign citizen (Indonesian).   But since he won't release them we will never know.

At this point, Jan 20, all "speculation" about Obama is just that:speculation, and since he is no longer in office, falls into the childish "Oh yeah? Nyaa, Nyaa, you lost! " retort category. What is pertinent going forward, is the fact that the current President can not speak without lying, is an arrogant, narcissistic,  petulant man-child and his ignorance and unwillingness to take advice from the intelligence professionals make him a danger to this nation and to the entire world. If examined, "it is speculated" that his tax returns may show him to have criminally defrauded the government of our country ( and therefore all of its tax-paying citizens)! That IS important information, and evidence  (and his own statements) suggest that said speculation is in fact true. His praise for the dictatorial leader of our principal adversary and encouragement of espionage against his political rival ( Hacking IS espionage!) approaches treason, and should be investigated as such. His attacks on the Press, and the Intelligence community, as well as the Nation's military leaders ( Remember " I know more than all the Generals about ISIS?") show how deeply we are mired in bull shit! I for one will resist this President, elected by a minority of my fellow citizens, due to an archaic system which was originally intended to forestall exactly this sort of potential inept tyrant!
Like Like x 1 View List

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2017, 08:45:15 PM »
What is pertinent going forward, is the fact that the current President can not speak without lying, is an arrogant, narcissistic,  petulant man-child and his ignorance and unwillingness to take advice from the intelligence professionals make him a danger to this nation and to the entire world. If examined, "it is speculated" that his tax returns may show him to have criminally defrauded the government of our country ( and therefore all of its tax-paying citizens)! That IS important information, and evidence  (and his own statements) suggest that said speculation is in fact true. His praise for the dictatorial leader of our principal adversary and encouragement of espionage against his political rival ( Hacking IS espionage!) approaches treason, and should be investigated as such. His attacks on the Press, and the Intelligence community, as well as the Nation's military leaders ( Remember " I know more than all the Generals about ISIS?") show how deeply we are mired in bull shit! I for one will resist this President, elected by a minority of my fellow citizens, due to an archaic system which was originally intended to forestall exactly this sort of potential inept tyrant!

^^ what he said!!!
Al Hospers