NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to post up pics  (Read 113 times)

slacker

• NEClimbs Junior Member
How to post up pics
« on: October 02, 2014, 07:25:04 AM »

I have a few new routes I would like to share with the community on here but i'm not smart enough to figure out how to reduce the file size of my pics.  Any help would be great. 

Matt

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
Re: How to post up pics
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 08:09:27 AM »

The easiest way if you don't have actual graphics software is to use an image hosting site like:

http://imgur.com/

Select "upload images" and then select the image from your computer file system and select " start upload."

When the upload is done copy the text in the BBCode text box and paste that where you want the picture in your neclimbs post.

Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 08:40:05 AM »

The easiest way I find is to post them up on mountainproject first, then right click a small version to get a menu to save the picture url. Just use the 'insertImage' button from the tools above when creating a post (first one on left, second row) and paste the url in the middle of the code the buttons produced.  Al could make a sticky or video showing people how. I bet if this site had a less cumbersome and direct way to enter new route information and update it, the site would be used a lot more. As it is now, you send in information that may eventually be added by Al and there is no good way to efficiently reorganize it better or correct things.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:51:43 AM by M_Sprague »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 06:49:26 AM »

If you're on the PC there is an included program I believe is called Paint that you can use to resize your pictures. There a similar program on the Mac. Double-clicking on the picture file should automatically open it for you. In the tools in the program you can resize the picture, and change the resolution. First try resizing it to 800 pixels wide, if it's in landscape (wide) mode, or 800 pixels high if in portrait (tall) mode. Save a copy of it as a JPG format and check the physical file size. If it is larger than 120k you will need to reduce the resolution/quality. Usually you can go down to ~50% and it will still look fine, on some images even 30% will look OK.

Hope that helps. Let me know...
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.