Author Topic: Blizzard - 2015 Ragged Mtn  (Read 71 times)

Offline Travis_Dustin

• NEClimbs Newbie
Blizzard - 2015 Ragged Mtn
« on: Yesterday at 09:19:49 AM »
Long video, watch it if you want, watch part of it, watch none f it, but here it is. Great day, great conditions, and maybe 50 people on the mountain. 8 of those were friends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1l_wNFwqJQ&feature=youtu.be

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Re: Blizzard - 2015 Ragged Mtn
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 02:04:09 PM »
Great conditions! Some vid advice (I know unsolicited), follow some of your friends and shoot them... give the cam to one of those 8 friends and have them stationary while you ride by....  10 minutes of the same angle is about 9:30 to much. Cool music though, thx for sharing.

Offline Travis_Dustin

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 03:04:26 PM »
Thanks for the input. I knew making the video that is was going to be long but I couldn't decide what to cut down( i did cut it down from over 2 hours of footage). I would like to get more angles and other people but we couldnt slow down from making laps in the fresh powder. I make these ore as memories for myself but like to share if anyone is interested.

Offline NEAlpineStart

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 04:28:53 PM »
Good job cutting from 2hrs to 10 minutes, I know how hard that can be as an amateur GoPro/YouTuber myself. With a bit of creativity you'll catch more angles and other subjects without feeling like you are reducing the run times... though I must say leaving the GoPro at home the last year or two has led to some awesome "in the moment" runs.

Offline Travis_Dustin

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:47:22 PM »
Thanks! I agree with you. Its always a tough choice as to whether I want to bring it or not, and if I do bring it I feel i need to use it or I miss that one sweet line, jump or crash. And it is true there is no way to not look like a fool with a GoPro on your head or attached to a stick. I do love the till shots you can get from them though.