NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 12361 times)

JChepes

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #330 on: December 22, 2013, 08:13:03 PM »

Couple of winter favorites: Samuel Smith's organic chocolate stout.  Yes it sounds foofy but damn is it good.
Reverend Potter's baltic porter brewed by prodigal in effingham, nh real good also. Only available in state from what i hear.

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #331 on: December 23, 2013, 06:52:04 AM »

On a Sunday where there was nothing better to do then stay away from malls and watch football - a few beers spread out over the games (only one of each)!

Six Point Resin DIPA - a really great beer that's very floral in the nose

Founders Double Trouble DIPA - one of the better brewers around and all their beers are good

Green Flash Palate Wrecker DIPA - a bit more malt backbone than the above beers. Definitely should be your last beer of the night!

All three being a hop heads delight!

As an aside - skied three days last week in Colorado and had the best vanilla infused porter ever at the Glenwood Canyon Brewing Company (one of my favorite brewpubs anywhere as I've been going there for almost 15 years).

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #332 on: December 23, 2013, 09:36:54 AM »

Shit mark- glenwood is pretty good..... down the road in Eagle are 2 good places as well

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #333 on: December 23, 2013, 09:59:25 AM »

John,

Since I ski at Copper Mt mostly on my way back to Glenwood Springs where I stay I always stop at the Crazy Mountain Brewery off of 70 in Edwards and hang out in their tasting room. Great vibe and great people. I think their coffee stout is awesome (though on beer sites it gets poor reviews) along with their Pale Ale. Had a Holiday Ale that was very good too!

Have you been to Crazy Mountain Brewery?

There's another place in Edwards I've been too but have never gone back - can't think of the name.

Mark

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #334 on: December 23, 2013, 10:28:41 AM »

Reverend Potter's baltic porter brewed by prodigal in effingham, nh real good also. Only available in state from what i hear.
http://theprodigalbrewery.com/wp/

I had no idea this was there!  I've driven by it more times than I can count and didn't even know it existed.  I live in Effingham!  Thanks!

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #335 on: December 23, 2013, 10:30:55 AM »

Now you can stop in and then forget you were there !

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #336 on: December 23, 2013, 10:39:11 AM »

They don't offer tours. :(  But, I'm wondering if we can get a tour through the FD- we're starting to pre-plan certain places. This might need to be one!

DLottmann

« Reply #337 on: December 23, 2013, 12:37:26 PM »

Six Point Resin DIPA - a really great beer that's very floral in the nose

Founders Double Trouble DIPA - one of the better brewers around and all their beers are good

Green Flash Palate Wrecker DIPA - a bit more malt backbone than the above beers. Definitely should be your last beer of the night!...

As an aside - skied three days last week in Colorado and had the best vanilla infused porter ever at the Glenwood Canyon Brewing Company (one of my favorite brewpubs anywhere as I've been going there for almost 15 years).

I've enjoyed the 1st two... very good. Will have to look for the Green Flash Palate Wrecker, I've enjoyed their Vert beer.

Speaking of out of town breweries I just got back from Mt. Rose Nevada last week and found an awesome brewery in Reno. Great Basin Brewery... will definitely hit that place up anytime I am in that area!

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #338 on: December 23, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »

My minor contribution to the thread...

For anyone that is or will be around Portland, Navarre Res in the Old Port is more than worth a visit.  They only serve beer, and the list is simply mind-blowing.

We were there a week and a half ago, which prompted me to grab a 6 pack of Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale.  1/2 of that pack is heading to IN for my father to enjoy. :)

I also recently had a single Magic Hat Saint Saltan and thought it was quite good too.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #339 on: December 23, 2013, 04:26:04 PM »

For anybody coming to Co/NM this coming year----245 brewpubs due for Co in 2014  35 new...the Taos,Nm area now has 5 including Taos mesa with 12 of their own brews on tap and 15 minutes from climbing

Gonna be a good year

JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #340 on: December 23, 2013, 10:08:28 PM »

Sounds like an awesome spot!  I need to get out there!

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #341 on: December 28, 2013, 10:19:07 PM »

North Coast Pranqster Belgian Pale Ale tonight. Very good! Lagunitas Sucks DIPA last night. Also very good. Everything these guys brew is very, very good...

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #342 on: December 29, 2013, 11:42:19 AM »

I think we are doing a Lagunitas New Year..YEAH !!!

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #343 on: December 29, 2013, 05:38:51 PM »

...I'd say a Lagunitas New Years is a pretty damn good choice! Today's after climb pints (3 of them) was Founders Porter! Yummy and probably second best I've had. Behind that Glenwood Canyon Brewing vanilla infused Porter.

And folks - you've got to go to Kathleen's Cottage in Bristol if you climb at Newfound Ledge (which was in great shape today). 

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2014, 08:44:59 PM »

...Heady Topper league...

Blue Lobster Excess Is Not Rebellion Double Galaxy IPA - Portsmouth or Hampton NH brewery. Had on tap at Cask and Vine, Derry, NH...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34   Go Up

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.