NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 8403 times)

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2011, 10:29:48 AM »

I'll be kegging my latest all grain homebrew creation this weekend, "Fonzi's Last Swill," a west coast style IPA absolutely loaded with hops. Should be a real face twister...  :D
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2011, 10:41:13 AM »

So, how are these canneries and breweries eliminating the 'metallic' taste often found in beers in cans? Teflon coated cans?

Pour it in glass, just like from keg to glass   ;)

bennybrew

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2011, 06:40:40 PM »

So, how are these canneries and breweries eliminating the 'metallic' taste often found in beers in cans? Teflon coated cans?

Pour it in glass, just like from keg to glass   ;)

kegs are stainless steel (there are very few plastic ones) but aluminum cans have had a lining in them since the 70's.

in a related note, i wasted a perfectly good weekend pouring beer in boston when i should have been climbing. SHE, oddly enough, went bouldering here.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2011, 06:50:36 PM »

Thanks Benny for the info about the cans.  I did NOT know that.
Yes, the wx this weekend was just about as good as one can hope for this time of the year.  But bugs were somewhat bad.

For tonight's dinner (fish), I went with a nice, crisp French Sauvignon Blanc but I might just have a Long Trail later; hoping to catch a recap of either Sox or Yankee game from this afternoon.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 09:35:21 AM »

No- you have the fish with the wine   ;)

I actually have a small plastic keg 10 liter, it's cool . Lightweight and holds just enough . We have used a few aluminum kegs and can't tell much diff.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2011, 06:57:18 PM »

I meant the (Opa-Opa) IPA
Very good.  Thanks for the tip, John.   Just had one with dinner.  I am going to have another while watching the Sox game tonight (had to skip last night's due to rain delay).

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2011, 10:14:07 AM »

Flyin' Dog  Raging Bitch BANNED in Michigan and NH  !!!! Because of the NAME ?????? That sucks 'cause it's really good.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2011, 07:57:33 PM »

Sierra Nevada Torpedo - a good IPA for the summer; nice flavors, good body w/o being too heavy! :)

backclipped

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • Bro Bra Blah Blah
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2011, 09:17:07 PM »

Ninkasi Total Domination is the shit. I haven't had one in a while, but the maid of honor is flying in to Manchester on South West and one of her two free checked bags is gonna be loaded with the stuff.....right now I'm drinking a Long Trail Double Bag....wish it was a Torpedo.
Bro Bra Blah Blah

CLemay

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2011, 08:45:59 AM »

Avery's IPA comes in cans as well and is very tasty after climbs. My favorite is Avery's Maharaja Imperial IPA, 10.5% alcohol so it can kick your a$$ but it is yummy! The Maharaja is seasonal from March - Sept and not distributed to many places so if you can get it, try it. I'm lucky I live 5min from their taphouse  ;D Stone Ruination IPA is my second favorite.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2011, 09:36:28 AM »

Avery is good climbing beer since it can withstand pack abuse and then crushes down.

bm-andy

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2011, 09:06:09 PM »

Crown Royal may be considered to take the place of a beer if poured in excess of 6 ounces.

MAmedic

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2011, 10:15:27 AM »

Crown Royal may be considered to take the place of a beer if poured in excess of 6 ounces.

I like your style
Nick D

bennybrew

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2011, 07:21:40 PM »

went to portland this weekend and hit the whole foods and was excited to see so many canned beers: baxter (both ipa and pamola), brooklyn lager, moat mountain, and... something.

oh and novare res is awesome.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2011, 07:25:41 PM »

I like your style

Crown makes me gag more than sport climbing
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26   Go Up

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 22 queries.