NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 13511 times)

JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #450 on: June 20, 2014, 09:42:22 PM »

Just finished a nice simple Hefe we just got done brewing.  I think im going to play with this one a a bit and add some spruce tips I picked from the the eaglet approach a few weeks ago.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #451 on: June 23, 2014, 06:09:25 PM »

Ho Man-- i survived the annual Rails & Ales train..31 breweries  4 beers each..BBQ and music   1,000 people.....

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #452 on: June 26, 2014, 08:27:51 PM »

My first ever disappointment with Sierra Nevada beers. Bought a 1/2 case of four different IPA's. The only one that was normally sold was Torpedo Double IPA which is a great beer. The others only OK.

Nooner IPA - session style IPA - OK but Founders All Day IPA is much better

Snow Wit IPA - white IPA - the best of the new three and true to style

Blindfold Black IPA - black IPA - not true to style, tasted like a stout 

neiceclimber

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #453 on: June 27, 2014, 07:15:42 AM »

I like the nooner and torpedo, the rest are just meh.

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #454 on: June 27, 2014, 10:19:22 AM »

...glad to know it wasn't just me!

If you haven't had one and you get the chance - the Founders All Day IPA is quite good for a beer that has - I think - 4.5% abv.

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #455 on: July 24, 2014, 03:02:46 PM »

Damn...been a month since anyone's posted anything about beer!

If anyone is looking for a decent session IPA - White Birch Brewing Hop Session is pretty good. They're in Hooksett and you can probably get throughout the state. Their Belgian Pale Ale is good too.

Actually on Saturday I'm headed to the Granite State Brewers Association Beer Fest in Manchester (via a party bus!). 28 breweries - only NH! Looking forward to sampling some beers that I haven't had before - really looking forward to Schillings from Littleton since they've been mentioned here before.

And last but not least - someone picked me up some Narragansett Del's Summer Shandy from RI! Gonna have one after tonight's mountain bike ride!

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #456 on: July 25, 2014, 12:09:15 PM »

We are already pre-planning for NC next spring..Sierra, Fat Tire and Oscar at least..... maybe even hit cashiers Valley as well.

steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #457 on: July 25, 2014, 07:25:08 PM »

Schillings is really good Mark. I was up in Littleton a couple of weeks ago and ate (and drank) at the restaurant that is at the brewery. They have a lot of great beers.

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #458 on: July 25, 2014, 08:22:13 PM »

Thanks for the confirmation on Schillings Steve. And that they've got good food. I was up at Kingdom Trails today and did a killer MTB ride and was planning on stopping on the way back. Rode further than I planned, was later than expected and needed to get home.

So the first stop at the beer fest will be Schillings!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 07:50:18 AM by markvnh »

steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #459 on: July 26, 2014, 10:14:38 AM »

Enjoy Mark. Just save some room for the other breweries!! ;)

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #460 on: July 26, 2014, 08:31:51 PM »

Damn good thing I was on a party bus - and could walk home from the pick up/drop off location. NH has some really good breweries.

With that Steve - Schillings was one of the standouts. They had a great blonde ale and a hefe if I remember! Definitely need to get to the brewery.

Others that stood out - Stoneface Brewing (best IPA there), Throw Back Brewing, 603 Brewing and Canterbury Ales. 

The only recommendation I'd give the organizers for next year is to actually have a listing of all the breweries and their beers so you can keep track!

Great day out - only thing better would have been a day of climbing followed by the beer festival!

steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #461 on: July 26, 2014, 09:48:28 PM »

That's why you are supposed to buy a six pack of each beer you sample. So after climbing you can share them with your friends.

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #462 on: July 27, 2014, 06:05:32 AM »

I've always got beer in the truck after climbing, mountain biking or whatever the outdoor activity is! Other tha 603 Brewing which cans and bottles I'm not sure where or how the others distribute.

I know Throw Back is a nano brewery however have seen their beer at my local place that serves up good craft beer. Gonna research the others.

If you're driving up/down 93 exit 4 give me a heads up Steve and I'll buy you a pint!

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #463 on: July 27, 2014, 01:55:59 PM »

You could walk home from the bus ? Thats too bad  ;D

The cooler NEVER leaves my vehicle,,never.  for weddings, i add a second 'cause most have shitty beer.

When we were cleaning Clean Sweep, we carried a FULL cooler from the road to cliff edge...Alain Comeau "sure you have enough ?"  There's more in the car. !  It was barely enough for the day and we had 2 more days cleaning..

We left a smaller cooler on top while doing the route..incentive

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #464 on: July 27, 2014, 02:37:14 PM »

I got a neighbor to switch from Bud to Coors "colrado native"  progress,,I guess....Native actually contains hops

mark- if you could just get some weed on the bus now.....
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36   Go Up

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.