NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Down

Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 13501 times)

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #480 on: August 05, 2014, 09:13:55 PM »

...after tonight's mountain bike - a very good Victory Dirt Wolf DIPA...

JChepes

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #481 on: August 19, 2014, 09:24:41 PM »

Hobbs in W. Ossipee has growlers and 5 beers made that should be out by labor day so the rumor(bartender).  Cream ale , brown, chocolate porter and i forgot the other 2.  I will believe it when i have a full growler in hand.

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #482 on: August 24, 2014, 09:40:44 PM »

White Birch Brewing Double IPA. Very good double hop bomb with no taste of alcohol. Very drinkable. Great after today's MTB ride.

Beginning to think White Birch is one of the better breweries in NH with all that they've brewed that I like.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:38:40 PM by markvnh »

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #483 on: August 31, 2014, 09:17:09 AM »

Epic beer day day yesterday - and mountain bike ride. Did a really nice 25 mile ride at Kingdom Trails. Longest I've done in probably 10 years.

After the ride I cracked open an ice cold Heady Topper - just what I needed.

After that it was off to Hill Farmstead Brewery about 45 minutes away. Hill is actually rated one of if not the top breweries in the world. It's been awhile since I've been their to have my growlers filled and the new additions have only brought more people (of course it is a holiday). After an hour and half in line I got to the taster help - and had four small pours. At two and a half hours I finally got my growlers filled. Two Edward pale ales, Abner imperial IPA and Society and Solitude 5 double IPA. All rated in the top 50 or so beers.

On the way though Littleton I finally stopped at Schillings. Great place. Jef the owner was behind the bar pouring! Had what was probably the best Saison ever! And the wood fired pizza was excellent. Great place!

All in all a great day of riding and beer!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 10:05:21 AM by markvnh »

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #484 on: August 31, 2014, 05:18:34 PM »

...Society and Solitude #5 - after having the 750 ml growler today at home (after another MTB ride) - might just be one of the best beers I've had. It's that good!

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #485 on: August 31, 2014, 08:52:52 PM »

...and the Edward's are gone now that my buddy Austin came over! Great pale ale...Hill Farmstead brews are incredible...

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #486 on: September 01, 2014, 04:17:39 PM »

...Maine Beer Lunch IPA today. They're brewing great stuff too. Yikes I'm the only recent poster on the beer thread!

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #487 on: September 01, 2014, 06:22:00 PM »

Not so fast.... abobe mud work deserves a sixer of Great Divide Titan series..YUM

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #488 on: September 04, 2014, 07:24:27 PM »

...had the Hill Farmstead Abner tonight with steaks on the grill. Another amazing beer...

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #489 on: September 04, 2014, 10:11:51 PM »

Mark, I know you mentioned Stoneface a few posts back...  I just happen to be doing some work for one of the owners. :D  I need to hit him up for some beer before we are done!

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #490 on: September 05, 2014, 06:48:30 AM »

Dan,

Can't remember if you like hoppy beers or not but - do not leave that job site without getting some of the Soneface IPA! It will make you a convert. It was my favorite IPA at the NH brewers festival back in July.

Enjoy it!

Mark

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #491 on: September 05, 2014, 10:12:39 PM »

Hill Farmstead brews are incredible...

Yeah really great stuff. Wish I could find it on tap easier. Pretty much only get to drink it during ski season.

Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #492 on: September 06, 2014, 09:54:14 AM »

My wife and i have been "on tour" for breweries you aren't going to GABF in a couple of weeks.  Some remarkable stuff from brewer who either don't have the capacity or simply don't go anymore.

yesterday a place called Amica's.. a pizza /brewery that has won about a dozen medals before..not going this year  headwaters IPA..really good, fresh tasting without the kill me hops. Another place Elevation (expanding soon )  wicked good Oil Man  bourbon stout......

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #493 on: September 06, 2014, 06:29:27 PM »

Mark, I don't care for the bitter, hoppiness of the IPA's. I'll certainly give it a try if I can get some free but I'm not fond of spending money on something I don't generally care for. But if you say to try it, I might have to reconsider!

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #494 on: September 06, 2014, 06:36:14 PM »

danf- I'm sorry..but you can come to CO anytime..
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Up

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.