General > Rock Climbing: Sport

Rumney now on your iPhone

(1/4) > >>

DMan:
This should get some tech-phobes riled up!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rumney-climbing-lite/id443334267?mt=8

eyebolter:
I'm the biggest technophobe there is (no cell phone, no high speed internet), but we are in on this with Candemir.  You either ride the wave or it passes you by....it will also allow us to do updates more regularly than with a printed guidebook.

Ward

sneoh:
Candemir also played a pivotal role in the RRG iPhone/iTouch/iPad app.

DMan:

--- Quote from: eyebolter on June 16, 2011, 02:47:53 PM ---I'm the biggest technophobe there is (no cell phone, no high speed internet), but we are in on this with Candemir.  You either ride the wave or it passes you by....it will also allow us to do updates more regularly than with a printed guidebook.

Ward

--- End quote ---

I agree. So when's the full version going to come out?

RagingTurk:
I should face up to the pending storm beforehand - now that I'm ousted. :)

Dman - the Full version is also out. Link http://itunes.apple.com/app/rumney-climbing/id443333856?mt=8#.

I've been a member of the forum for a long time and always refrained from pointing out the apps here. Would have been just shameless promotion.

Alpinewerx has been working with Wolverine for over a year now on the guidebook apps. There are several other in addition to the RRG.
It's also been great working with Ward and Bob on the Rumney project.

Some dislike technology - it's a polarizing subject for sure:

My take is (in addition to Ward's points) that the easier it is for people to find routes between the book & the apps, the more they (hopefully) will spread out rather than just climb at the close-by walls especially at a place like Rumney.

Also, I should mention part of the proceeds from the app are directly being donated back to RCA.

Hope you like the Rumney app if you get to check it out. And now you know who to give s**t to if you don't... :)

Candemir.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version