NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Climber lowered off end of rope  (Read 4477 times)

The other tomcat

• NEClimbs God
Re: Climber lowered off end of rope
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2011, 05:49:22 PM »

Last time I saw Rich,he had led Heather. That one is 12b,and listed as well protected,he seemed pretty psyched about it. I don't think anyone would argue that either Rich or John don't have many fine,bold ascents to their credit,I know I wouldn't.I also doubt very much Rich walked up and sent any of Strand's bolder climbs. You have the comprehension problem dood,they are not topropes.

Bolting is prohibited at the Gunks, and no one takes a kit to the Winds.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 06:50:37 PM by The other tomcat »
Tom Stryker

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2011, 06:03:51 PM »

Obvious troll is obvious...
I'm with DMan and Eric on this one.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

DWT

« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2011, 06:18:09 PM »

Can anyone fill me in on the Br---ol---e backstory? ???  Whats the deal?  Seems to come up once every two months or so.

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2011, 06:30:12 PM »

Obvious troll is obvious...

What an unfortunate psychological state, what ever it is.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

DGoguen

« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2011, 06:53:22 PM »

Can anyone fill me in on the Br---ol---e backstory? ???  Whats the deal?  Seems to come up once every two months or so.

:-X Nooooo... His name shall not be said aloud for he brings darkness to all humanity, fear into the hearts of rational men, for the love of God save yourself. :'(
Hail Mary full of gra......

DWT

« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2011, 06:58:31 PM »

??? :)

rightcross

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2011, 07:19:03 PM »

After Tom Callahan and John Stand toproped the route in July, 1988, John Strand led the route in November 1988.

sorry no comprehension problem.  keep thinking so if it makes you feel better because you have nothing else to come back with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6TUhx2wX0M

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2011, 07:35:55 AM »

We all know who John Strand is. Does anyone know "rightcross" or does he always hide behind a pseudonym? BTW, I've known and respected Rich Romano for over 30 years. His ascents of hard scary sh*t in the Gunks (often in adidas or the like), especially at Millbrook, have left me in awe, as have many of his ascents across the breadth of North America. That doesn't remove the fact that in the case of his accident, several lamentable errors of judgement were made, leaving him and Miriam with great emotional and physical trauma. Name calling and blame passing won't change either of those situations. I apologize to the previously damaged horse, but the personal attacks and vitriol expressed anonymously sicken me.   Jeff Lea

little lil

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2011, 01:14:39 PM »

People – get your act together.

I would assume that Myriam knew that publishing her inner monologue would cause some waves and I think it is good so b/c she touched ppl one way or the other.

However, what’s going on now on this forum is at best described as ridiculous (yup, I know, I am putting a target on my chest).  I think the only two ppl who are entitled to having this particular fight are Myriam and Strand.  I hope that Myriam knows better than caring about all the crap that is said on an online forum. 

I wish Myriam and Rich all the best and hope we could all learn from this accident and put the horse to rest.
Lilly V.

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2011, 06:59:16 PM »

putting the lock on this one folks...
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 23 queries.