NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: conditions in the whites after the rain  (Read 300 times)

KaiT

• NEClimbs Newbie
conditions in the whites after the rain
« on: September 08, 2011, 04:26:47 PM »

I may get the opportunity to climb this weekend. How does it look like with seepage on Cathedral? Does the Barber Wall seep a lot after heavy rain? I was hoping to climb there. Are there cliffs that would be a better option?

Kai

strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: conditions in the whites after the rain
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 05:25:40 PM »

Oscar dries out pretty quick. The quickest drie out on Cathedral is the Airation Buttress for sure. Sundown seeps as well as the Echo roof area at Whitehorse

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 07:25:24 PM »

Barber wall stays wet for a while. Ethereal Buttress on Whitehorse dries very quickly. I will bet that things that seep are going to seep until they freeze!
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

KaiT

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 09:41:08 AM »

Barber wall stays wet for a while. Ethereal Buttress on Whitehorse dries very quickly. I will bet that things that seep are going to seep until they freeze!

:(

I'm now considering heading to Hound's Hump Ridge and the Eaglet. The Eaglet should stay dry and I wanted to do the West Face for a while. What about the routes to the left? Do they tend to seep. Another option we are thinking about is Rumney. There some cracks that I like to do.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 10:21:48 AM »

Kai, with the caveat that I do not know which cracks you have in mind at Rumney, I expect most cracks at Rumney to seep through at least Sat.  There is still a lot of shade at Rumney right now and that really makes it dry slower than you might expect.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

KaiT

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 01:31:06 PM »

Kai, with the caveat that I do not know which cracks you have in mind at Rumney, I expect most cracks at Rumney to seep through at least Sat.  There is still a lot of shade at Rumney right now and that really makes it dry slower than you might expect.

I was thinking of trying Black Jack Crack again and giving Very Nice Crack a try.  But you're right, cracks may not do so well after all that rain.

Kai

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »

Very Nice Crack is up high on the hillside and Blackjack is on a boulder, so they might be dry. BlackJack gets slimy from condensation though sometimes. It's worth a shot.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.697 seconds with 24 queries.