NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit and paper at Rumney  (Read 2997 times)

steven cooney

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Re: Shit and paper at Rumney
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2011, 07:01:58 PM »

This has become an outrageous issue along hiking trails as well.  So many folks heading into the forest and just dropping trouser in the rivers and streams and adjacent to trails with no proper burial.  Head out to Champney Falls on a Sunday PM after a busy weekend and the falls area below the waterfall is simply filled with TP.  Absolutely disgusting.   Hopefully the forest service develops a broad plan to educate and sign all trail heads. "Do your job, bury your waste."  It is just too foul.  Amonoosuc, Tuckerman Trail, Boulder Loop, the list goes on.  It is great to hear that a voice created very fast response.  Hopefully it helps.

CLemay

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2011, 10:31:44 AM »

John, A few years ago I did a route put up by you and Tom Callahan and almost shit myself in the middle of the route! ;D

WTF are you talking about Dave?? You shit yourself in the middle of every route you do!  8)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:06:56 PM by Admin Al »

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2011, 09:08:43 PM »

glad to hear that there are signs actually going up. I agree with Coon about Champney. it's a real mess and waaaay too popular. people are real idiots tho. heck, I've seen crap right by the toilet at Cathedral...
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

rose

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2011, 12:55:30 AM »

One strategy is having the gyms (Boston, Hadley, Montreal) play a role in educating their members about outside etiquette.  
(...)

And the below quote is really terrible in reality but well written.
Rose

edit:  additionally today the trail from Bonsai to Waimea had a few tp/poo piles basically 1 inch off the trail.  I have never seen it quite so gross.  In my initial post  I was joking about how it's always the next generation that seems to get blamed.  It's just a lack of consideration from those doing this.   Or maybe it's simply one person with a serious bowel issue making a mess. 

So, the question is: How do we educate people not to do it? Do we need a prominent sign at the parking lot kiosks or little signs at the areas of worst offense? ..or station somebody in camo with a camera and high powered water pistol?

Rumney is by no means as bad as many areas. I don't mean to make it out like it is, but any is unacceptable as far as I am concerned. When I visited Lake Louise in Canada, the whole back side of the lake, including out on a sandbar, was a complete mine field. It was amazing. Crystal blue lake, beautiful mountains, hordes of tourists, piles of shit and TP. In that case, I think you have  huge numbers of tourists who are completely unfamiliar with the laxative effects of exercise getting to the back and having the overpowering urge and zero sense
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:39:30 PM by rose »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 24 queries.