NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hike into White's ledge  (Read 324 times)

eph

• NEClimbs Newbie
Hike into White's ledge
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:44:47 AM »

I want to hit up Endeavor this weekend but I don't have a ton of time.  How long is the hike from turn outs to the base of the cliff?  Easy, moderate or difficult hiking?

Thank you.

cjdrover

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Re: Hike into White's ledge
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 12:24:48 PM »

Maybe 15 minutes, easy hiking except for the very end. Try hard to stay on the trail system or you can get lost. After you drive down the dirt road you will come to a spot where the road cuts left back towards the river, but dead ahead is the end of an old logging road. Park here, or just past this is a pull-in spot on the right that fits maybe one car. Basically you get on the logging road and follow it west (upriver) for a couple minute until a trail splits off to the right. Follow the trail for a few more minutes, I think there is one more intersection where you bear right again. Eventually the trail goes uphill and follows a drainge gully until you cut right and arrive at the base to the left of the start of Endeavour. You can either rap (probably two ropes, use trees) or hike off, but the hike off and back to your car will take some time, its 2-3 miles I think. Have fun, its a nice route.

(edited to remove scree field comment, can't remember if that's actually where you want to be. just stay on the trail!)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:15:04 PM by cjdrover »

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 04:06:31 PM »

Hike off is a mile and a quarter down to the Birchview by the Saco development and then a half mile max back to your car.

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »

When the gare is open as it was last year the hike was maybe 10 min? tons of super agressive ticks though :o

DLottmann

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 06:48:45 PM »

Route finding on P4 will take longer than the approach
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 23 queries.