Author Topic: Around the Corner  (Read 1756 times)

dpen

Re: Around the Corner
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 01:45:36 PM »
We did add a bolt.   When did FA I used a cam then slung the juniper then stepped onto the face and up to two bolts on face.  I also used a cam in horizontal down low -  just after 1st bolt, but that doesn't do a ton for you...

The juniper was looking pretty old, and we figured we didn't want to abuse the thing, so we added a bolt (tan) lower on the face after placing a cam and stepping up into the crack....

D

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 02:45:42 PM »
Joe Perez told me that he tried it the other day. he felt that the crux moves were quite a bit harder for "short people". he's a strong climber too...
Al Hospers

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 05:11:35 PM »
Joe Perez told me that he tried it the other day. he felt that the crux moves were quite a bit harder for "short people". he's a strong climber too...

I would agree with Joe Al. The feet are thin and you need them to get the holds in the corner...somewhat height dependent..but then again...Lynn Hill is 4' nothing...  ;)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."