NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pitcher Falls TR  (Read 166 times)

Lucas

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • abiyoyo abiyoyo
Pitcher Falls TR
« on: January 05, 2002, 01:00:00 PM »

After dinner Thursday night I filled car with gear and drove a couple blocks to get my buddy Serg. Drove up 128/95N for a while then onto 95N. Over the border into NH and then onto the giant speed trap know as rt 16. I've gotten 2 speeding tickets on 16 in the past year and one more means a suspension of my NH driving privileges. So I take it slow and go especially slow (as I always do) through the towns. I'm doing well having made it all the way through Ossipee when the car going in the opposite direction does a U and flips on the oh so familiar blue lights.
       I've been pulled over about 5 times outside of NH and never gotten a ticket. Of the 5 times being pulled over in NH I have 5 tickets. This time was no exception. 68mph in a 50 for $71. The ticket was ruining the mood and threatening to ruin the trip, so as I pulled out I ripped the thing up and tossed it out the window. From now on its Rt93 there and back.
         We got to the Champney parking lot at midnight, filled up the packs and hit the trail. Night time hikes always bored the hell out of me because of the lack of views, so I made use of my new xmas present and had Stevie Wonder blasting on my CD-MAN. We set up the bivy sacks just down river from the climbs and decided to climb one of the easier flows while dinner cooked. It was my first ice of the season but even so I felt more awkward than expected. When we topped out I realized both my crampons were set up for right feet. Luckily I had the tools to fix it.
       Next morning we awoke to alot more ice than excepted. There were about three big columns, several thinner climbs and then some really fun mixed stuff.
      We had a great day. A good way to tune up for the rest of the season. And the hike out was beautiful. Blue sky, white clouds, and the beginnings of a sunset in the SW sky. Really a great day.  :)

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Pitcher Falls TR
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2002, 02:17:13 PM »

Lucas you the man. anyone who tears up NH speeding tickets & bivys at Champney just to get an early start has got me in awe!

rock on!!!!
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 23 queries.