NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scarpa Force  (Read 331 times)

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
Scarpa Force
« on: August 19, 2011, 03:20:42 PM »

So I read that this is an all-around shioe with comfort in mind, by trading off some performance.  Is this true?   How does it fit? How should I size it relative to street shoe size?
Any Sportiva shoe generally fit me well as long as it does not have a lot of asymmetry in the toe box.  Mad Rock slippers fit me well (and is what I currently use in the gym).  I intend to limit the use to longer, easier routes and for the gym so a tad less performance is not an issue.  I already have 2 pairs of painful, performance oriented shoes.
Thanks!

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: Scarpa Force
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:53:28 PM »

I don't own a pair but did like the fit. They were very comfortable, but didn't seem to be very sensitive. If you are looking for an all day, comfortable do it all shoe, they would be a decent choice. I ended up getting a pair of the LaSportiva Tarantulas and love them. They are slip lasted, hook and loop closures, all leather..they breathe well and form fit to your foot after only a few uses. They also have the LAsportiva Frixion rubber that is softer and stickier than the xs grip or edge. Might want to try a pair on and see what you think. Made in China...but so far...no problems with the construction or craftsmanship.

~grammy
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 22 queries.